What is your worst fear during a SHTF situation?

Dont play now but maybe later.

Only my pinky finger has full feeling and strings feel like glass shards when I tried playing again.

Not complaining, I should be dead so small price really.

Still have a Jackson hard-tail Ive owned for years and years with a Fender SS 60 amp plus all the required pedals.

I still hope things improve.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No toilet paper....

Tin Foil Hat story time.   Look at the bigger picture. Why do you think they want to really ban or limit any firearm? The US dollar is slowly being replaced as the worlds reserve currency which mean

my biggest fear ... my old lady survives

Posted Images

Broken back , been cut up real good a few time to many, ripped bicep in left arm, and I still have metal in my leg, but we still rockin.

Do not use my amps any more just computer sims and Bose ear phones

One word of hope to you Power Cords.

Sorry to see you in that shape man, I appreciate what you must go through.

Unfortunately nerve damage does not just mean a "deadened" feeling but the pain and touch receptors get confused.

Image little razor blades on your strings.

Slide may be possible but you still need to do some fret work even with that.

Just some back pain here and there. As long as I don't run I'm fine.

I have an inversion table that is the best thing i ever got. 10 min. and I'm an inch taller.

Take it along when I go pheasant hunt in MN every fall with my older brother.

I have a high pain threshold life is good. I can retire in 2 years but I'm going for 4

A situation where I can't shelter in place, and lack of TP.

I'm decently well prepared for most likely scenerios, and if worst came to worst I could bike to my grandparents house which, thanks to their paranoia as they grew older, is well armored with a couple hidden gun racks.

"Sure you can take what is in the gun safes. . ."

I think having no toilet paper would really suck.

But not having a good woman to take care of certain things would suck to.

But anything else can be delt with by any means neccessary.

Any means?.........lol

Its not paranoia its caution and yes its learned by experience and having witnessed just how seriously fucked up things can get.

No, it is clinical paranoia brought on by senile dementia. I don't use the term lightly.
Then you better be careful approaching their house if they aren't expecting you. I don't think I would trust being in their company, if they were armed, in that scenario.

Ask them about their B12 intake. Lack of B12 can contribute to paranoia and dementia.

I had low B12 in my blood and the long-term results can be fatal.

Edited by Sim_Player

Which is why I removed the rounds from their firearms.

They don't need them, living in a very good neighborhood (that they built) with good neighbors, with a good security system, with VERY good locks, and bars on all doors and most ground level windows. (The ones without bars are actually reinforced plexiglass.) Not to mention their live-in help.

To the best of our knowledge they never even check their firearms, even though they've had a shotgun and handgun in their bedroom for years. Made the help nervous (Understandibly so with the dementia)

My grandmother died in january, which removed the impediment I had in auditing their bills. (She was too paranoid to let me look at their finances.) Found out they'd been being ripped off by Frontier cable, Comcast, and Verizon for years, to the tune of $700 a month.

My grandfather is likely to die literally any time now. The whole thing is a bit. . . surreal really.

Sorry about the off-topic, but if you have elderly parents or grandparents, it may be useful to audit their tech bills; if they're paying the same as they were a decade ago, they're probably paying too much.

Well thats a horse of an entirely different color from your original statement.

Due to the bullshit use of the word by know nothing parasites in our society you might want to preface it with "due to senile dementia ".

God bless em and good luck.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Makes me think. I have had reason to help dad review his finances, but I want him to keep independent for his own happiness. I think it helps give another reason to live. I do worry he has been ripped off a few times.

I would like to buy my father and mother new cars when I am able to put more funds aside.

Another worse fear is something happening to the folks.

They are getting on in age and I would be in a world of hurt if anything happened to them.

They are getting on in age and I would be in a world of hurt if anything happened to them.

Here is a novel idea. Stop depending on them and make your own way. Just sayin'

• Like 1

Ditto: Just Sayin'

Damn, people reach straight for dick mode on here way too fast.

• Like 2

I think he is talking about the emotional attachment we all feel for our parents (those of you that still have them above ground...)

We wouldn't be human if we didn't.

It's a double edge sword in my eyes, having already lost both parents. I would rather be buried by my children rather than survive them. In that I mean a parents job is to ensure the life and prosperity of their children. To that end they (parents) should not wish to anchor them (children) by being a liability. If this was the case it would be the duty of the children to honor thy parents memory by overcoming and reaching prosperity. But this is crossing over to another discussion.

Damn, people reach straight for dick mode on here way too fast.

Guilty of reading something into it that may not have been there. Also guilty of being a person that takes things very literally. I offer an apology for the offense.

I'm also one that truly accepts that everyone will pass, no matter how it will affect those left behind. Death is the final part of life.

I think he is talking about the emotional attachment we all feel for our parents (those of you that still have them above ground...)

Some never got that emotional attachment to parents.

• Like 1

It doesnt matter. Everyone's situations are different.

In my own, my parents were split up and I was raised by aunts and uncles most of my life.

However that doesn't matter. In their old age I cannot hold grudges or any kind of bitterness towards them for the past.

My brother never forgave my dad but he is old now. If all you do is live in the past you will never have a decent future because you always look behind you.

• Like 1

It doesnt matter. Everyone's situations are different.

In my own, my parents were split up and I was raised by aunts and uncles most of my life.

However that doesn't matter. In their old age I cannot hold grudges or any kind of bitterness towards them for the past.

My brother never forgave my dad but he is old now. If all you do is live in the past you will never have a decent future because you always look behind you.

I think it's a very kind gesture to want to buy your parents new vehicles. The PT cruiser is a good fit for the elderly. Roomy, low to the ground, and the seats are really easy to get into if you have hip/knee replacements.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so back to this SHTF. What exactly are some of you envisioning? Hordes of people ie looters and such, battling the Government, or something along the lines of natural disasters. After Katrina I had a few small run ins with looters, but nothing on a huge scale. I was watching Dooms Day Preppers the other night and some of those folks are sure win candidates for the Tin Foil award. We seem to have a good mix here between the realistic casual prepper, to the Oh God, and Solar EMP has knocked out our power grid, we just lost the East Coast to a comet impact and Japan has invaded Washington State!. Just curious to see where you guys fall.

Global economic collapse. The ponzi scheme cannot continue forever. US is ~17 trillion in debt. If you have a job and pay taxes your share is ~150K dollars. Each Americans share is ~50K dollars. If I didn't take a paycheck for almost three years and just gave it to my creepy spying ass uncle sam I could pay my share back. That just seems like an awful lot of money unless we debase the currency, which isn't good either. Another concern that could lead to economic collapse is technological unemployment. Japan is testing robotic burger makers. Since most of our job growth in the US is flipping burgers that will be bad. Seems our economy is mostly based on servicing each other anymore. Most of the 330 million Americans are going to be hungry and angry and may start doing things that they wouldn't otherwise. The US is the next Detroit. No police or other emergency services. Thinking wide spread anarchy will ensue and in my mind this would lead to an extended WROL situation (1-2 years?) in the US while we worked things out. You are on our own for defense. Looting, riots, raping, pillaging, murder, genocide, you name it. Marshal law, civil unrest, famine, etc, etc. Once marshal law goes into effect we will have our own little American Spring type deal. During this the rest of the world destabilizes and we become vulnerable to an aggressive nation state such as China. This will lead us into WWIII and then shit gets real. Nuclear bombs have been launched and detonated at various places around the world leaving small tribes of people who were prepared and in the right place to survive and re-populate the earth. At this point we are basically really smart neanderthals.