What is your worst fear during a SHTF situation?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No toilet paper....

Tin Foil Hat story time.   Look at the bigger picture. Why do you think they want to really ban or limit any firearm? The US dollar is slowly being replaced as the worlds reserve currency which mean

my biggest fear ... my old lady survives

Posted Images

WROL turning into EROL (Extreme Rule of Law)

Been talking to some folks MUCH smarter than myself on this and they have a good point.

The best prepared bunch out there for collapse is your not so friendly feds.

They have this gamed out and plans ready to implement.

Wont say they are doing it intentionally but they certainly are prepared for it.

And of course severe oppression is the mainstay of any plan likely to come from that bunch.

The problem with EROL is there frankly is no way to prepare, no place to hide.

Conducting myself in a manner that would make my entrance into Heaven impossible. Once it started, and once you needed to kill in self defense because you were attacked....the next time you may just kill to be pre-emptive and skip waiting for the attack. You just went from righteous to murderer just like that.

Edited by Venia
  • Like 1

Conducting myself in a manner that would make my entrance into Heaven impossible. Once it started, and once you needed to kill in self defense because you were attacked....the next time you may just kill to be pre-emptive and skip waiting for the attack. You just went from righteous to murderer just like that.

i guess it depends on your religion (big can o worms i will not open here) personally if things have gottent that bad. well you gotta do what you gotta do.

Edited by Guest

i guess it depends on your religion (big can o worms i will not open here) personally if things have gottent that bad. well you gotta do what you gotta do.

I know and I may be full of shit. But truth be told I'm not sure how I would behave in WROL, I guess just let the chips fall where they may and take shelter in the fact I didn't start this shit.

• Like 1

What do I prepare for?

Just about anything and everything. My grandmother lived through the Great Depression and it affected her to the day she died. She lived in a big city for as long as I knew her and she had a garden, canned a bunch of things, bought canned goods from the scratch and dent store, had a HUGE freezer always full. I'd say at any given time she had at least a year of food for her and my grandfather... and then some. A little of that rubbed off on me.

I grew up about 50-60 miles from Buffalo, NY and remember the Blizzard of 77. I was a kid and it was great fun to be snowed in for about two weeks with my father trapped in the city with my grand parents. Sure things on the food front got a bit tight, but as a kid being able to step OVER a telephone pole with ease because the drifts were that high was WAY cool.

I've been caught in a snap blizzard when I was a kid. The only reason we lived, even though we were in the middle of a field, was because we made our way to a fence line and then followed that to some place where we could tell where we were. It was kind of scary not being able to see more than 10 feet in any direction.

I lived in the Denver area for a few years. I remember heading out to the ski resorts on a service call at the beginning of June one year and as I left the Eisenhower tunnel on the western side it was snowing and there was 4 inches of snow on the ground and more coming down.

So I prepare for another Great Depression, weather related situations, hazmat truck or train spills, riots, whatever. In the end most things boil down to food / water / shelter / medical / defense. A few things like nuclear / biological and chemical situations require specialized gear, but most of that specialized gear will do double duty for something else.

I'm prepared to stay in my home, go to one of several safe points or head out on foot if need be. I've spent years talking with folks about potential scenarios, kind of like playing role playing games when I was kid, and I don't care if the topic is invasion by bug eyed monsters from Alpha Centauri I've thought about the what ifs and at least have a mental plan for what I'd do if it ever happened. In reality, being invaded by aliens (extraterrestrial not Mexican or OTM) isn't much different than a war on my doorstep with some sort of plague, pandemic or biological agent thrown in... that and being vastly outgunned.

I don't care how tin foil hat a scenario may be, or how unlikely, thinking about it does no harm. On the flip side, not considering the least likely can get you into trouble by making your thought process rigid and inflexible. If you ever come across something you consider highly unlikely you just may freeze at a critical time and wind up dead. If you keep your mind open to the highly unlikely you won't be as surprised if something you never expected does happen... you just consider the situation and compare it to what you have planned for and pick the action that best fits the situation at hand.

Hell, the Pentagon war games Canada invading. I'm sure they've war gamed an alien invasion too. "OH SHIT! I don't believe this is happening! This is like scenario 68792/A Revision Delta, pull that plan down from the shelf, Sgt."

So, yeah. I have a plan for just about every situation I have been able to think of. I break it down into constituent parts and see what I already have and what I may need. Most times I either have what I need, can make do, or improvise.

• Like 2