What is your worst fear during a SHTF situation?

Me?

Long range rifle users.

You could be setting up camp with your team when some guys a half mile away or so take you out and take all your stuff.

I don't want to ever have a excuse like "I never saw it coming."

• Like 1
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No toilet paper....

Tin Foil Hat story time.   Look at the bigger picture. Why do you think they want to really ban or limit any firearm? The US dollar is slowly being replaced as the worlds reserve currency which mean

my biggest fear ... my old lady survives

Posted Images

No internet....................not!

.... if all you have is hot beer what's the point in being alive, hot beer may be what causes zombies.

That's all they drank in the Nam.

you mean the protest was about hot draft beer? now it all makes sense, even the part about going to Canada they've got good cold beer.

post-26137-0-23351500-1371739505.jpg

Tooth infection no way to treat it? Ever seen castaway? Also could you talk to your dr find out the antibiotics with the longest shelf life and see if they would prescribe you them to stock pile?

Edited by Ak Monty

Depends on the scenario for me. If its an emp while im @ work, itd be having to travel 75 miles back to my wife and house with no operational vehicle. If it were a zombie outbreak of sorts while at work, itd be being unarmed aside from my machete and axe with limited provisions(cant have firearms in company vehicle). Being home makes all the difference for me. If it were a nuke in close enough proximity id be screwed anyway, an economic collapse will more than likely be a slow enough buildup to it to take some preliminary action to counter it...so yeah. Biggest fear is that shtf while im at work and hindering the ability to get home fast and hunker down.

Me?

Long range rifle users.

You could be setting up camp with your team when some guys a half mile away or so take you out and take all your stuff.

One, become a long range rifle user yourself.

Two, learn some field craft to make yourself less of a longer range target.

I fear the warm beer thing too. Did that already in Iraq, not so refreshing.

• Like 1

Me?

Long range rifle users.

One, become a long range rifle user yourself.

Two, learn some field craft to make yourself less of a longer range target.

I fear the warm beer thing too. Did that already in Iraq, not so refreshing.

I'll have to second this. Or just set up shop in a location that will provide you with natural cover if you can.

• Like 1

1. The long range rifle scenario is tough. Unless your running patrols constantly and stick to cover 100% of the time it nearly pointless. Your far better off not giving long range shooters a reason to come looking for you. Keep a low profile. Harden your defenses without screaming "Hey i got stuff you need come and get it!" Be prepared to deal with the long range threat when it happens. Playing the role of the turtle is nice, but you have to be ready to act accordingly.

2. Medicine. Believe it or not many of the pharmaceuticals that we humans use, are no different and far cheaper, then the drugs we give our pets for the same problems. And they dont require getting a prescription. You can order them on line, vacuum seal them and store them in a cool, dry, dark place for future use. Also, there are tons of natural plants that have anti-biotic properties that you can grow or gather yourself. As for the pharmaceuticals just learn what the corresponding names are in pet lingo as compared to human ones. This is one site your can use. http://www.calvetsupply.com/. Some naturals are

Garlic, Echinacea, Manuka Honey.

3. Zombies- Not even wasting my time on this one.

4. if you want colder beverages then I suggest digging yourself a chill hole. Its like natures freezer. Kind of.

i learned valuable lessons from Katrina. It was a nightmare and I hope I don't have to go though it again, but if it does happen, I am far better prepared now then I was then. The most important resource you will have will be a network of like minded people you can count on. Other then that, its just natural prepping ie...water filter, first aid supplies, foods that last a long time like spam, rice, pasta, and canned goods. Yes, you should all know how to can foods. The start up is pricey, but it pays for itself.

• Like 2

Agreed capn' im a fan of these mountains lol.

Definitely. Lol. Your lucky to see 50yds in the spring and summer. Winter and fall are a bit different but there won't be much long range sharpshooting going on.

Agreed capn' im a fan of these mountains lol.

Definitely. Lol. Your lucky to see 50yds in the spring and summer. Winter and fall are a bit different but there won't be much long range sharpshooting going on.

Plus, we can keep our beer cold in a shady stream!

• Like 2

Catastrophically broken bones.

A friend of mine broke his tibia in high school during a soccer game. Completely broken in half, bone protruding through the skin. Required steel plate and screws galore, many months of immobility. No modern-day medicine in a situation like that? Forget it.

It's why I cringe whenever I see some sort of action/post-apocalyptic movie where characters jump from high structures/fences. Fuck that. Don't you have rope?

Edited by mancat