What is your worst fear during a SHTF situation?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No toilet paper....

Tin Foil Hat story time.   Look at the bigger picture. Why do you think they want to really ban or limit any firearm? The US dollar is slowly being replaced as the worlds reserve currency which mean

my biggest fear ... my old lady survives

Posted Images

SHTF comm is a whole nuther branch of complicated.

Been looking for an old tube HAM setup for anything near reasonable lately.

All kinds of options, nothing covers it all but jamming, or rather the attempt will git ya kilt.

I purchased a 10-meter mobile rig off of Craigs List, took it to my radio guy and had him check it out and do a couple of mods, then I just put it in the safe. I run a base station so I don't need that radio right now. I also bought a BAOFENG Dual Band hand held radio, $75.00 with computer cable and CD for programing, programed and put in the safe 023.gif

I purchased the base radio I'm running on e-bay for $27.00 plus $25.00 shipping, the radio is just like brand new, runs great. There is a Ham/ CB thread on the forum here. If you need any help of have questions we can probably fix ya up 032.gif

Thanks a ton, so much to do, will talk further after the holiday coming up.

Back in the 80's they were bouncing encrypted comms off meteor showers -- now try to figure a way to jam that....

On the subject of resistance to (fill in the blank): it is better to die on your feet in freedom than to spend your lifetime bowed in subservience!

This from the man who will hand overmhis guns when they come for them.

Hmmm warm beer and pickled eggs sure do help with vents as does dead bloated bodies. Consider if the SHTF never happens and the entitled rule the world. Which is worse?

I think, in a sense, the mtitled do rule here. Sucks.

I dont really know what else to say. There are too many things worth fighting for IMO, to just do nothing. I see so many people on a daily basis that would gladly give in put trust in those that would totally fuck them over in some shithole camp. Its sad that they would actually put their safety and well being into the hands of failure, and not take the chance to make something for themselves, or at least take the chance to rely on themselves.

I find it truly amazing that so many people are lost in what it means to be an American. Im glad Im not alone on this forum in those regards.

Its the flouride in the water.

• Like 1

Band together and go to ground. Do what the resistence did in Nazi occupied europe. Because I have no doubts most of America will look just like that. One bonus. If the UN forces which will probably be called in are wearing those stupid blue helmets, we will be in luck.

I only hope that some states stand up to the tyranny. It will be those states that like minded freedom-loving Americans gravitate towards.that is where I will take family and Friends who refuse to live under the rule of an oppressive government.

I only hope that some states stand up to the tyranny. It will be those states that like minded freedom-loving Americans gravitate towards.that is where I will take family and Friends who refuse to live under the rule of an oppressive government.

• Like 1

Hmmm warm beer and pickled eggs sure do help with vents as does dead bloated bodies. Consider if the SHTF never happens and the entitled rule the world. Which is worse?

The sweet pungent sulfur smell of a dead bloated body in 100 degree temp. Things I never will forget, things I hope never will happen here.

Back in the 80's they were bouncing encrypted comms off meteor showers -- now try to figure a way to jam that....

On the subject of resistance to (fill in the blank): it is better to die on your feet in freedom than to spend your lifetime bowed in subservience!

This from the man who will hand overmhis guns when they come for them.

Just statin a fact Ma'am and about handin over my guns -- well either you got me confused with someone else or you are exhibiting troll like behavior... I'll chock it up to confusion...

Edited by Odd Man Out

Since we went "Red Dawn", let's look at a current situation for a little guidance. Afghanistan. We have all this high-tech gadgetry, but those mountain dwellers are still sending our guys home in bags. How? Sheer determination, the will to fight, and knowing the area. The first two are required to win. Guerrilla warfare is warfare at it's worse, and can demoralize an enemy quick. I've talked to a few friends who spent time over there, and one thing a few of them were afraid of were the IEDs. You never knew when, where, or how big it would be. A man with a gun was able to be stopped, but a well-placed IED could end your life without you ever seeing what hit you. The other thing they mentioned was those "backwards cave dwellers" knew every square inch of the mountains. They could hit a patrol and be well out of harm's way before air support arrived. They knew the area, and used it to their advantage.

Now, look at the modern American hunter. He has explored the different patterns of camo, knows his area, and uses both to his advantage. Back when I was younger, I used to make a game of sneaking up on deer, especially during the off-season. I got close enough one season I dropped one from 15' with a well-placed .38+P JHP. My hearing is shot now, but I still remember my techniques. I simply have to modify them to overcome my handicap. The camo I used matched the area I was in. In some cases, I used nature itself for my camo. I worked with a guy in WA who was a sniper. We discussed Ghillie Suits one night. His favorite technique was similar to mine: use items from your AO to blend in. You want to disappear into the surroundings.

If it went house-to-house, cities would be simple. They are laid out in grids, and would be difficult to defend. Doable, but difficult. Why? Those grid lines make excellent guides for bombers/artillery. In the rural areas, favor would be the defender. The roads are winding, houses spaced further apart, and surroundings easier to blend in to. In my area, I'd see you long before you turned off the main road. I could have several neighbors alerted and my area ready before you got there. I also have the advantage of terrain to use against you. Cities are flat for the most part. I'm literally on the side of a mountain. You have to get up to me. Once I hit the trees, I'm gone. The only way you'd find me is a daisy cutter.

In some instances, retreat and evade can work to your advantage. Look at the Boston fiasco. They stopped looking 1.5 blocks from where he was actually hiding. Dropping decoy items or doubling back can tie up men/equipment. Make them think you zigged when you zagged. If executed correctly, you'll be long gone before they realize they were duped.

Some good reading is Selco in Bosnia for what civil war really looks like. He lived through it. When the balloon goes up, the "entitled" will be the first to go.

I think alot of people will give up everything they have when faced with actual situations, ie. war, gun control, etc.

I plan on joining the army national guard here soon after I get Hired in for a permanent position at my job by then end of summer.

That way They cant by law fire me because I joined the military but, since I'm still a temp. I think can still do that.

I just refuse to be one guy who stands by and doe nothing.

BTW stop drinking city water. distilled water only.

Hitler used Flouride on his people. disarmed them etc.

got a lot of shaking a fist at God, butt fucking the grim reaper, give any army the finger, and amaze the indians with how to survive in the wild going on. too damn bad there won't be a lot of people around to see all this. guess youtube won't be around to see it.

seems like this shtf stuff gets some planning going that's pretty far flung. the equipment with in the purchase range of most people to jam communications is limited to a pretty simple system:

post-26137-0-47423100-1371934272.jpg

post-26137-0-24487600-1371934293.jpg

Good idea on the shock, I assume its chlorine based?

Bleach like, it's calcium hypochlorite (HTH) while household bleach is sodium hypochlorite. The US military manual tbmed577 (SANITARY CONTROL AND SURVEILLANCE OF FIELD WATER SUPPLIES) lists mixing instructions for minimum 70% available HTH to make a bleach like solution. A rough measurement is one heaping teaspoon of HTH to 2 gallons of water or 1 rounded teaspoon of HTH to 2 gallons of water will make a solution that is basically household bleach and can be used the same way.

A pound will treat 10,000 gallons of water. You can get 6 pounds (6 one pound bags) for under $30 delivered. 60,000 gallons of clean water is a lot of water. Much easier to carry 6 pounds than 60K gallons of water :)

SHTF comm is a whole nuther branch of complicated.

Been looking for an old tube HAM setup for anything near reasonable lately.

All kinds of options, nothing covers it all but jamming, or rather the attempt will git ya kilt.

I purchased a 10-meter mobile rig off of Craigs List, took it to my radio guy and had him check it out and do a couple of mods, then I just put it in the safe. I run a base station so I don't need that radio right now. I also bought a BAOFENG Dual Band hand held radio, $75.00 with computer cable and CD for programing, programed and put in the safe 023.gif

Another plug for the BAOFENG. Can be programmed to do a ton. Plus it's portable.

Interested in the Baofeng. What can you guys tell me about them and their capabilities?

Check out this link http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/83261-any-hamcb-operators-here/page-3 , also do a search for it, there is a tons of information for it.

• Like 1

Unless you have turrets, a determined attacker will eventually find your air vents. Once they find them, your coming out sooner or later. A super high tech bunker can easily be defeated with a few sheets of duct tape. Sad but true.

Try guessing where they are.

You'd have an easier time finding the main tunnel and the trap that awaits.

I bet your vents can be found in the wintertime up there.

They don't show above background on a thermal imager. The long run cools things considerably and the camo system employed does the rest.

The sweet pungent sulfur smell of a dead bloated body in 100 degree temp. Things I never will forget, things I hope never will happen here.
You NEVER forget that smell.

You NEVER forget that smell.

Only thing worse is a burning body. As a volunteer firefighter, I figured the human psyche was programmed to "puke on smell", because every time we did a call with a fatality, we always puked when we got out of the truck and caught a whiff.

Unless you have turrets, a determined attacker will eventually find your air vents. Once they find them, your coming out sooner or later. A super high tech bunker can easily be defeated with a few sheets of duct tape. Sad but true.

Try guessing where they are.

You'd have an easier time finding the main tunnel and the trap that awaits.

I bet your vents can be found in the wintertime up there.

They don't show above background on a thermal imager. The long run cools things considerably and the camo systematically employed does the rest.

You must have some crazy way to disperse the heat and humidity given off your bunker's heating system and just human bodies breathing in those temperatures. Heat is still escaping your vents I assure you. What kind of thermal imager did you use to check this? We had a good handheld one on our team that worked awesome. One of my shooting buddies is a retired AC-130U Gunship Sensor Operator. He also has been doing the same job on contract aircraft in Columbia and now Afghanistan. In Columbia, even with the heat and humidity there, they had no problem finding drug labs in bunkers or smugglers moving the product in the jungles from the air. Now he is in doing rotations in Assramistan and they can see what caves are occupied by the heat signatures coming out of them. Just to clarify, they are seeing this from airborne thermal imagers. If they can spot this from a Spectre for example, they surely are going to pick it up on the ground with a good hand-held imager. I think our TI run around $25K when we got it.

Edited by MT Predator

My biggest fear will be dying alone for standing up while so many run and hide. Wars aren't won by fuckin hiding, some of us are gonna have to pay the price of freedom.

I've made my peace with God as I understand him and I haven't had that fear since!

I believe that I could die under any conditions and be just fine with it.

Edited by AA re-cvrd
  • Like 1

Hemorrhoids, what a pain in the ass without any drug store to get some Prep H! Seriously, no amount of preperation could equipt someone to survive an apocolyptic disaster if the hords of looters dont kill you. Then things like dysentery, Cholera, Malaria, food poisening, and other illnesses, even the flu will!

My biggest fear will be dying alone for standing up while so many run and hide. Wars aren't won by fuckin hiding, some of us are gonna have to pay the price of freedom.

One should never fear being a Patriot. A coward, on the other hand, will run.