What is your worst fear during a SHTF situation?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No toilet paper....

Tin Foil Hat story time.   Look at the bigger picture. Why do you think they want to really ban or limit any firearm? The US dollar is slowly being replaced as the worlds reserve currency which mean

my biggest fear ... my old lady survives

Posted Images

I guess i was miss understood

If you do not have to shoot someone don't ,avoid.

This is not the Military its survival.

What good is it if you do not live to eat all that food you have put away.

I know that trouble must find me, i will not go looking for it.

Low profile and stealth.

Survival is about surviving .

• Like 1

You and you family are sitting watching tv around 8pm and BAM... The front door comes flying open with a huge crash. It's the guys in black and they want to disarm you and they weren't waiting to knock as they do not want any type of resistance. They don't give a shit about you. They grab your loved ones. You wife, your kid, your dog, whatever. They tell you give us the guns or they are coming with us. What do you do?

You and you family are sitting watching tv around 8pm and BAM... The front door comes flying open with a huge crash. It's the guys in black and they want to disarm you and they weren't waiting to knock as they do not want any type of resistance. They don't give a shit about you. They grab your loved ones. You wife, your kid, your dog, whatever. They tell you give us the guns or they are coming with us. What do you do?

Kill everyone, wife, kids, assholes etc., I always say save the last round for me. Give me liberty or give me death, do you mean it or not?

Well, if they kicked in the door and caught me unawares as this scenario implies your pretty much fucked both ways. You go for a gun bang your dead, after all i don't think they are kicking in your door with they're guns holstered. My best guess would be to give them what they came for, after all the good stuff is cached away where they damn sure wont find it. After that, go to ground goes we are well and truly buggered.

The reason I carry a few old lemon practice grenades with the bottoms plugged. Pull pin, toss pin behind you, and order all weapons on the ground! They shoot, they die as well! They can't even risk a taser or pepper shot as I might drop it. Yeah sure, it's a bluff, but are they going to take that chance?

Kill everyone, wife, kids, assholes etc., I always say save the last round for me. Give me liberty or give me death, do you mean it or not?

I guess I won't know till the black suits have my wife and kids in their hands. Quite honestly, it might be a good conversation to have with her.

The reason I carry a few old lemon practice grenades with the bottoms plugged. Pull pin, toss pin behind you, and order all weapons on the ground! They shoot, they die as well! They can't even risk a taser or pepper shot as I might drop it. Yeah sure, it's a bluff, but are they going to take that chance?

This is not a bad idea IMO. Go all fuckin crazy and let them know you don't give a fuck if we ALL go to meet our maker.

Unless your sitting there with you dummy m67 grenade your still screwed. I have never been on the receiving end of a dynamic entry except in training but I have been on the other side.

1. Door pop.

2. Flash bang- Unless your wearing something to counter it your not doing shit. Seriously, your whole world just went sideways.

3. Every angle of the pie is covered, every sector. If you were to be able to make a hostile move your dead either way. Period, end of sentence. There is no heroic last stand, no going out in a blaze of glory. It will be a whimper, and you final act will be a foot note on an incident report. Take the time to squirrel away the shit that is important to you in a location that only you and maybe your spouse knows and keep it at that. When they demand you surrender your shit, open your gun safe and give them the garbage weapons you have stored in there for just such an emergency. Like the old saying goes. There are two types of heroes. Old heroes, and bold heroes, but no old and bold heroes. Im not trying to piss on your fire, just trying to shore up the leaks in your dike.

It's like the Union troops in the rear area of the battle of Chancellorsville, caught by surprise and the route commences.

If they can get in easily its over... now if they cant and have announced their presence and intentions it could be bad day for the police but its not a happy ending for for the home owner if he resists. Just depends, it might be better to live and then engage in "after action" actions.

Of course if its a matter of widespread actions against us then all bets are off.

Edit:

On the matter of number one above, if you detect a weakness in the state's plan that is where its at. Anti-kick down doors and secured windows, tend to make them lose that initiative and you don't have to man these. Criminals out there ya know.

Edited by Rhodes1968

My speakers used to knock me sideways when they were at full tilt, they don't do it any more. So I'm probably immune to flashbangs!

Huh?

What?

Say again?

Has the ringing started yet?

I've had ringing since I was born! Dr. slipped with the forcepts and gave me a hemotoma on the right side. Nerve damage. Still have lows to about 500, and highs from 4K- 14K in my right ear, but everything in the speech range is gone. And I'm a pro FOH audio engineer. But after so many years, I'm now starting to miss things in my other ear.

My speakers used to knock me sideways when they were at full tilt, they don't do it any more. So I'm probably immune to flashbangs!

Huh?

What?

Say again?

It's been there for so long now it's like an old friend, however it is so loud sometimes it's disturbing beaten.gif

Unless your sitting there with you dummy m67 grenade your still screwed. I have never been on the receiving end of a dynamic entry except in training but I have been on the other side.

1. Door pop.

2. Flash bang- Unless your wearing something to counter it your not doing shit. Seriously, your whole world just went sideways.

3. Every angle of the pie is covered, every sector. If you were to be able to make a hostile move your dead either way. Period, end of sentence. There is no heroic last stand, no going out in a blaze of glory. It will be a whimper, and you final act will be a foot note on an incident report. Take the time to squirrel away the shit that is important to you in a location that only you and maybe your spouse knows and keep it at that. When they demand you surrender your shit, open your gun safe and give them the garbage weapons you have stored in there for just such an emergency. Like the old saying goes. There are two types of heroes. Old heroes, and bold heroes, but no old and bold heroes. Im not trying to piss on your fire, just trying to shore up the leaks in your dike.

This is the problem. We are all badasses to a degree while sitting here. But, when your heart rate is 190+, you're dizzy, with blurred vision cuz you just had the living shit scared outta you while you were half asleep and quietly watching a movie, you are in no way a bad ass at this time.

You've been meaning to pack away guns, but it can wait cuz nothing is happening on the news and you want to keep your guns safe as always. Now... They have your wife, kids, dog, goldfish, whatever you treasure and they want that fuckin safe opened now and they will leave you alone. WHAT DO YOU DO???

Huh?

What?

Say again?

It's been there for so long now it's like an old friend, however it is so loud sometimes it's disturbing beaten.gif

I know an appointment at the ENT is in order for me. I just keep putting it off. I catch myself saying "What?" and "I can't hear you" very often.

1. Door pop.

This is the problem. We are all badasses to a degree while sitting here. But, when your heart rate is 190+, you're dizzy, with blurred vision cuz you just had the living shit scared outta you while you were half asleep and quietly watching a movie, you are in no way a bad ass at this time.

You've been meaning to pack away guns, but it can wait cuz nothing is happening on the news and you want to keep your guns safe as always. Now... They have your wife, kids, dog, goldfish, whatever you treasure and they want that fuckin safe opened now and they will leave you alone. WHAT DO YOU DO???

Well, at this point once I can see and hear normally again I am assuming I am cuffed. My only act of defiance will have to be. "Fuck you! Open the safe your damn self you fascist nazi mother fuckers. At which point I will probably take a healthy beating to say the least.

I think you have hit on it John, complete lack of will to do any pre-planning for whatever reason.

Flashbangs that bounce off windows are not effective and could actually backfire on the criminals, yes its easy and cheap. Doors that cannot be easily breached by criminals eliminate surprise, again not as difficult as some would lead you to believe.

A plan of action, even if it is merely to use the time to wake up get word out as to what is happening and "store" any medicinals, is better than nothing.

As the occupant/home owner you have one and only one advantage, not using it is just lazy.

Of course this works against ALL types of criminals.

Thank you Voltia.

Perhaps slowing the process down with loss of surprise and initiative is more correct. Take them off the game plan long enough to understand and react accordingly. Since this is a SHTF thread lets face it, it may not be the popo.

• Like 1

Having to give up my dogs, if it came down to it. They mean more to me than anything in the world.

I don't envision any scenario of having to give up my dog that doesn't involve as many people around me as possible getting killed. I would never leave him behind anywhere and if anyone tried to separate us I would just consider that a good time to go out like Custer.

• Like 1

Huh?

What?

Say again?

Yep and it sucks ass! The only thing that helps is Benzodiazepines or like Dramamine. Then when you want to stop taking those the ringing is 1000 times worse. I was so stupid with the damn giant stereo speakers. They were about 4 inches from the back of my neck in a Honda from 1993-1996. Then I just downgraded a little for the next 10 years. I have to have background noise to sleep. Then when I am trying to concentrate I can't hear shit with background noise. But I can hear heart tones and lung sounds very well with my stethoscope. Then sometimes I can't hear what people are saying on the phone. I haven't fired a gun without ear protection in years! You can tell its damage and "I am not just getting older." Have a doctor repeat his order 3-4 times over the phone in the patients room while all the shit is going off, then they hang up on you...

Yeah the ringing is a real pita Ive learned to ignore it and compensate.

Back before my bypass and the resulting nerve damage in my left hand I could actually play a guitar fairly well, that is where the ringing came from not the range. Well that and a love of Black Sabbath... must have rattled windows a block away with this piece hundreds of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHISn_DCmc0

Yeah the ringing is a real pita Ive learned to ignore it and compensate.

Back before my bypass and the resulting nerve damage in my left hand I could actually play a guitar fairly well, that is where the ringing came from not the range. Well that and a love of Black Sabbath... must have rattled windows a block away with this piece hundreds of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHISn_DCmc0

What do you play right now I have 2 Variaxes 500 for studio, just for fun been playing for 39 years I'm old 47 years

Edited by jerry52