Good to see prices coming down, on stuff in general but more specifically on the Tantal. Classic Arms had them for $429.00 before all this shit happened, Im still pissed I did not get in on that.

Edited by Venia

Its a Century build, but a good one..I know, I have one. I LOVE mine. It is lighter than a stamped AK. The only thing they have in common with the AK is the rounds. A well built rifle that is fun as all get out to shoot!

• Like 1

When I bought mine (several years ago) Centerfire had four pack 20 rounders in a pouch for 70-80 bucks. Also bought some from Classic Arms.Mine was $349, but that was as I said, several years back. Well worth the money!

There are nice add on's for them, although not as many as for AKs. But I left mine just as it came, it's perfect just like it is.

They are a bad ass rifle, I have one and love it, and FYI Century farmed them out, they didn't build them, that's why they're so good. Century did try to build them at first and fucked them all up, then they farmed them out, as I have come to understand it.

Mine came with a bakelite as well as a folder. No, an AK stock will not work, nothing will interchange between them and AKs (except ammo)

You can buy furniture for them, you dont have to be stuck with the wire folder.

Mine came with a bakelite as well as a folder. No, an AK stock will not work, nothing will interchange between them and AKs (except ammo)

You can buy furniture for them, you dont have to be stuck with the wire folder.

I think there are three different configurations.

I have one but its the czechpoint which are alttle more but well worth it in my opinion ill post a link to the difference between the 2 below. one of my favorite rifles.very accurate and light and built like a tank with that milled reciever . They actually make alot of parts for it and there is a adapter to use ace stocks and such.also mags are not to hard to find and are not that pricey

http://762precision.wordpress.com/articles/czechpoint-sa-vz-58-carbine/

Edited by bigd1979

Wow. It's hard for me to imagine a rifle lighter than a AK. That's impressive!

I remember when the VZ parts kits started flowing in...years ago.

ClassicArms was out of the Tantal when I wanted one. That's how I wound up doing my first Saiga conversion (in 5.45), for "a few dollars more".

Edited by Sim_Player

$799.99 is the regular price for a WASR? That escapes disingenuousness only by the temerity of other online vendors charging the same amount. I would suggest that it be called the "asshole price" and that $599.99 should be called the "poor asshole price", but I doubt the respective antipathy for the seller and sympathy for the buyer would be conveyed effectively.

Edited by DrThunder88

I Remember The Tons When Cold Wouldn't Give Over Two Bills Core A Wasr 10! Still A Cobbled Redo. That's No Way I Souls Give These Prices...Just Wait It Out, The Prices Should Continue To Drop.

Now the VZ on the other hand is interesting as hell.

AIM had them for like $389 before S/H. I paid $500 for mine a few years back, no regrets whatsoever!! I replaced the gas tube with a railed part, and installed a red dot on it. The barrel is chrome lined and they have less moving parts than an AK, supposedly more reliable horror.gif

I really like the portability of the folder on it, I call it my shoot-N-scoot. It came with two mags and I purchased six more from AIM, they were like $9.50 each, and they're aluminum, light as hell.

Actually if its a vz2008 it doesn't come with a chrome lined barrel. The only ones that came with chrome lined are the original kits sold as parts and built or a czechpoint built one the rest are us barrels not chromed

Now the VZ on the other hand is interesting as hell.

AIM had them for like $389 before S/H. I paid $500 for mine a few years back, no regrets whatsoever!! I replaced the gas tube with a railed part, and installed a red dot on it. The barrel is chrome lined and they have less moving parts than an AK, supposedly more reliable horror.gif

I really like the portability of the folder on it, I call it my shoot-N-scoot. It came with two mags and I purchased six more from AIM, they were like $9.50 each, and they're aluminum, light as hell.

14L threading on muzzle?