Is this stock legal in NY?

If I may get opinions of those in NY or familiar with the NY Safe Act, , please, on whether or not you good people feel that this very intriguing stock is legal or not please:
http://www.thordsencustoms.com/frs-15-stock.htm

I am only asking for opinions. I am fully aware that nobody can say anything for sure. I also am aware that most are not attorneys, judges, nor lawmakers. Again, I'm only trying to get a feel for whether or not the community feels-(i.e., solely opinions), as if the stock may or may not be legal as I am very intrigued by the stock. If I get a feeling strongly that they are legal in New York State.

Being very intrigued by the stocks, if I can confirm their legality somehow, I will probably convert my 223, and 308 Saiga rifles, (actually more directly put: have somebody do it-I am not mechanically able to do such things), and put these on my rifles.

Just BTW: I also have a 7.62 Saiga rifle, that I am not going to convert because I like it the way it is, and it is quite beautiful with magnificent woodwork.

Thank you!

I've actually been waiting for that to come out. It will fit on a Saiga as stated above. You will need the buffer tube for a cheek rest. It will also be parts towards compliance with 922R.

Curious on a saiga 12 in ban states

It doesn't matter. Still it is a semi-automatic shotgun with a detachable magazine.....

22. "Assault weapon" means........

( b ) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following

characteristics:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a thumbhole stock;

(iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the

non-trigger hand;

(iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds;

(v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$PEN265.00$$@TXPEN0265.00+&LIST=SEA2+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=33450939+&TARGET=VIEW

It makes ONE LESS evil feature. Now, figure out how to make the magazine undetachable and you're in business. Hint.... I think the Californians already did.

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • 4 months later...

Curious on a saiga 12 in ban states

It doesn't matter. Still it is a semi-automatic shotgun with a detachable magazine.....

22. "Assault weapon" means........

( b ) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following

characteristics:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a thumbhole stock;

(iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the

non-trigger hand;

(iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds;

(v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$PEN265.00$$@TXPEN0265.00+&LIST=SEA2+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=33450939+&TARGET=VIEW

It makes ONE LESS evil feature. Now, figure out how to make the magazine undetachable and you're in business. Hint.... I think the Californians already did.

The detachable mag is a considered a qualifier not a feature. If it has that then it can't have one more feature. Those stocks and a few others have been ruled compliant for ar15's, nothing for Ak's though. But saiga's are legal to buy so if you weld a barrel nut on your threads and install a saiga stock on an ak you would be legal. You'd need really long fingers to fire the gun but you wouldn't have to register it.

That stock would need to have a fairly long length of pull not be very uncomfortable with that wrist angle. It doesn't seem like you would be gaining much over the sporter stock other than one compliance part. If that's the goal, ironwood's offerings look nicer to me.

Of course it's your gun and all that.

Well, if your gun is already converted for some reason, or you want to be able to use a better trigger group, you get something there and the compliance parts int he trigger group too.