Was set on using cerakote myself. Then I found out about Norrell's moly resin. Google it. The website is excellent. Really inexpensive ($20 or so) and easy to apply at home. Apparently, it has no known solvent once it cures for an hour in your oven. It is also extremely tough and a much thinner coating than paint. Not to mention, moly is slicker than snot. My plan is to use the greyish black and be able to use rattle can spray paint anytime I feel like it and just wiping it off with paint thinner, leaving the moly underneath. There is a spray can version for plastics that is self-curing as well. Read up on it. From what I have read, it is popular with those who know in the spec ops community.

As with anything, quality corresponds to surface prep work.

Edited by Nephilim7

if your looking for a "paint" that wont scratch where your safety selector is ... stop looking. I've tried everything under the sun they all scratch when put up to abuse. Now a days i park fininsh my rifles then cerakoat them . paint will still scatch but no rust