Any experiences with this 4x26?

Im sure thats some thing to placate ebay or please some self serving anti-gun adgenda...

either way, same thing it seems is available from this guy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x26-Red-Illuminated-Scope-for-AK-SVD-Dragunov-Sniper-Rifle-/111086404698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dd44045a

who makes a point of saying it was tested with 'real guns'

SO, has anyone read a review or taken the gamble on this?

Im not looking for military quality durability or anything, otherwise Id go get that.

Realistically I get to go shooting a handful of times a year so anything I get isnt going to get too abused.

For thirty more bucks, you can get a real scope.

http://www.jgsales.com/psl-romanian-4x-military-surplus-rifle-scope,-side-mount-scope,-used.-p-1163.html

That other one looks to be Chinese airsoft junk. It's not listed as airsoft to comply with some ebay regulation as ebay is full of all sort of other optics that are firearm specific. If you look at the seller's other items you can clearly see they sale airsoft equipment.

Either way, both of those scopes have SVD mounts meaning you're not going to get the right eye relief or cheek weld on a Saiga or other AK side rail anyway. It'll be shootable, but funky.

The weight is on-par with a comparable POSP. Selling it as an airsoft scope may be because there are more airsoft SVDs in this country than real ones. That said, shipping from Hong Kong makes me leery since that means there's not stateside company to bellow at should something go awry.

I also don't understand how that second one can be parallax free.

That LPS 4x from JG looks alright...

It should mount up to my Vepr as it is built on an RPK receiver like the PSL, the Vepr has the proper rail for it.

I have heard people say that the eye relief is off... but I have also read of guys putting them on their Veprs and not mentioning that problem... which seems to me would be the first issue noticed when looking through it.

SO, has anyone had first hand experience with a PSL scope on a Vepr? Or maybe I should be the guy that takes one for the team and see what happens?