Most peope bashing him are relatively new. Piling on. he has done more than most you wannabies have even ever considered. Ya, my post count is low - but I've been on here longer than most of you. WTF? put up or shut up. You sound like the whiney bitches over at a Mopar chat group I go to. Explain yourself, or shut up.

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He does it to himself. He does get pretty fucking annoying with his "look what I did to this weapon, my living room, garage", etc let alone the "look at my ammo score from Wallyworld" posts in which

What an odd thread. Smells like troll spirit.

Honestly I am on board with the intent of this thread. There are just a bunch of people here who love to join a dogpile. It makes them feel like part of a team or something.   Boba Debt gets ridicu

Posted Images

Despite my low post count, I have been here for many years in different names. Most of you don't have a clue about how he has helped by doing different cool mods, and showing us others how. You all sound like the whiney people at a major Mopar forum I used to frequent. What is your problem? What have you done to modify and show and innovate? I'm truly curious. You all seem to pile on, because it's the thing to do. But I bet you haven't done any thing like he likes to do. he thinks outside the box. I don't have a dog in this fight - but until you come up with cool innovative solutions to whacky problems like he has, and he has the fortitude to show how he did it. Even if you aren't going to make a 100% clone of what he has done, some of the mods can help you out in some way. I'm getting sick and tired of the stuff. If you don't have anything to improve or contribute, quit bashing people that don't think like you do. , People. Get a grip. Put up your contributions or shut up about bashing Boba. Everytime you pull that stuff, you are driving someone else away that might have an idea that can help us all out. For pete's Sake! My apologies. It really gets my goat how people act on this forum at times.

Edited by coronet

Most peope bashing him are relatively new. Piling on. he has done more than most you wannabies have even ever considered. Ya, my post count is low - but I've been on here longer than most of you. WTF? put up or shut up. You sound like the whiney bitches over at a Mopar chat group I go to. Explain yourself, or shut up.

AMEN

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe you could link to a thread where the guy is getting bashed, so that people like me who have zero clue about it can see it and maybe agree/disagree with you.

• Like 2

Honestly I am on board with the intent of this thread. There are just a bunch of people here who love to join a dogpile. It makes them feel like part of a team or something.

Boba Debt gets ridiculed for a couple reasons.

1) He makes creative builds that are a bit wierd and often offend the popular sense of aesthetics. Then he tries to sell the same. Some of these builds make sense to me and some of them seem silly. His guns, his time, his money. Let him do what he wants.

2) He advocates buying low and selling high. Many people on this soviet gun forum have an issue with that.

3) Years before all the people riding him joined this forum, he had a huge hassle getting a problem gun to work, and burned bridges with a couple big names and was helped by others. It's kinda hard to sort out who was right there. Quite possibly there was right and wrong on both sides, and it is none of my business. Sometimes talented people make mistakes. The question tends to be whether they admit it and fix it or blame someone else. A bunch of talented cooks were in that stew. There was something of a flame war, and from back in my shoes, everyone came out of that looking bad as far as how they behaved in public.

So lets look at a few things he doesn't do.

1) He doesn't lie.

2) he does not exaggerate the value of goods he is attempting to sell. He might ask a high price- but he is up front about that.

3) he doesn't look up people to comment negatively on every post they make, or name drop them as an insult in threads that have nothing to do with him

4) he doesn't post vulgar, obscene, hostile, or racist content.

5) He doesn't to my recollection post wave after wave of misspelled tinfoil in all CAPS. Or otherwise fill the forum with junk that has nothing to do with guns.

6) he doesn't come as a relatively new guy and post misinformed technical advice to newbies.

7) he doesn't post dead wrong NFA advice.

A good thing I see that he does.

1) he often posts helpful content for strangers, or finds them parts they need with and opportunity to profit themselves.

2) when people have oddball builds he knows about lots of obscure gun models and parts and often helps find creative ways to solve the problems- I think this provides a lot of value to the forum. More often than not, I may not want the same thing in the same place as he does, but later when I am doing something different, maybe part of one of his rigs might give me an idea. Creative people build off of eachother.

Anyway-- this kinda makes me thing about who ought to be the first to chuck stones at Mr. Debt. It also makes me wonder why these vigilant people aren't going after the truly obnoxious people on the forum. (Not that I think that is necessary- Mods do a better job of that, and fools usually embarrass themselves and leave if retarded antics don't get attention.)

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 5

PMI, ManCat, Stryker, every post he seems to put up or he is referenced to, he gets pounded.He doesn't post on here that much anymore. Gee, I wonder why. You might recall bull pups. I just get tired of people ragging on him or anyone else. I could say I don't really care, but I brought up the post, didn't I? Ok, carry on. I'll shut up and fade into the background also. I realize that I'm not as smart as most of you. I still like to learn. I don't want others with new or innovative or different ideas to be turned away. Thank you for calling me a hairdresser and a troll. proves my point. Someday maybe I'll be the man you are.

Not really a strange thread, Boba does do some fringe stuff that some don't like. Pretty good to deal with on parts. I like some of the stuff he does around the house and the freezer project was fun to watch. I got the same reaction when I posted a pick of a VEPR12 with a Saiga buttstock installed booo.gif

He is a big boy though and makes it through all of us trolls

• Like 1

I have nothing against boba, like some of his stuff. just find it odd that somone would start a thread like this. Especially since boba has provenmore than capable of standing up for himself. just saying. this thread kinda reminds me of that "leave britany alone" youtube vid. tinfoilhat.gif (love the tinfoil hat guy)

• Like 2

I have nothing against boba, like some of his stuff. just find it odd that somone would start a thread like this. Especially since boba has provenmore than capable of standing up for himself.

I agree that the timing of this thread is pretty strange. Boba Debt logs on regularly, in fact his profile shows that he's logged on today. Now I don't have anything against the guy but I have noticed he tends to be a bit abrasive. Bringing attitude to the forum makes you a target. Most of us remember Spetnaz Soldier who couldn't keep his mouth shut no matter how hard he tried.

Now I reread the thread regarding him stockpiling ammunition. Take into consideration this was at the end of the panic. Also take into consideration his use of abrasive terms such as pussyfied libtards when describing other members. It doesn't take much more for me to believe the guy fills the niche of being the forum's resident asshole rather well.

Boba Debt, like most of us on this forum need to have some pretty thick skin to stick around. If he doesn't want to come out and play, that's his choice. I wish more members would participate but I think that has more to do with the lack of available firearms than it does with bullying on this forum.

• Like 3

Honestly I am on board with the intent of this thread. There are just a bunch of people here who love to join a dogpile. It makes them feel like part of a team or something.

I can certainly agree with that. There are some good people here, but there are some real assholes, too. Some just can't be wrong, and will make sure you know it.

Nothing to do with "timing" of this thread. Random reading old threads brought this up. Also, a thread answered by breid got me thinking the other day. it was also a random thread about watching each others back. I respect his answer and opinion. But if SHTF type thing, you have to rely on someone? Sometimes? Maybe not. Just made me wonder why others would attack someone that shares the same "hobby" as the rest of us and ostracize him so. If SHTF, I bet you would want Boba covering for you, or even an imbecile like me. Life doesn't always work out the way you plan. Ever. Don't dismiss someone because they think on a different "plane" than you. Or because you haven't trained with them. Sometimes you get teamed up with the most improbable person you could imagine. We are all on this site for a unified reason. We shouldn't be attacking each other. The libs do that well enough.

I have nothing against boba, like some of his stuff. just find it odd that somone would start a thread like this. Especially since boba has provenmore than capable of standing up for himself.

I agree that the timing of this thread is pretty strange. Boba Debt logs on regularly, in fact his profile shows that he's logged on today. Now I don't have anything against the guy but I have noticed he tends to be a bit abrasive. Bringing attitude to the forum makes you a target. Most of us remember Spetnaz Soldier who couldn't keep his mouth shut no matter how hard he tried.

Now I reread the thread regarding him stockpiling ammunition. Take into consideration this was at the end of the panic. Also take into consideration his use of abrasive terms such as pussyfied libtards when describing other members. It doesn't take much more for me to believe the guy fills the niche of being the forum's resident asshole rather well.

Boba Debt, like most of us on this forum need to have some pretty thick skin to stick around. If he doesn't want to come out and play, that's his choice. I wish more members would participate but I think that has more to do with the lack of available firearms than it does with bullying on this forum.

I never got on this dog pile, but I did watch it. I agree with what HPD has posted here, stay out of the kitchen if you don't like heat, and if you're living a glass house put the rocks down. I've noticed alott of that fucked up skin disease going around too....onagodamngunforum naaaa.gif

Where's the lickme emotioncon laugh.png

• Like 2

What is it they say about opinions? They are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink. That being said, I've bought stuff from him and he was a straight up guy. So what if he's a little eccentric, that's what makes it fun at times. :) I'm still waiting for him to do a bull pup howitzer, then they'll quit kicking him.

• Like 1

I have no issue with the man's mods, or what he sells them for.

I have an issue with someone finding ammo at a normal price, then taking advantage of the panic to make a profit.

Yes, it makes you money, yes, it's legal, but to me, it's not right.

• Like 4