I don't get upset, I just push the buttons I'm required to push when I'm required to push them... then filter all the shit, Monday morning quarterbacking, indirect as well as personal attacks...

You should know by now, If I'm upset.. I don't get all passive aggressive about it... I'm pretty direct...

Funny how these always turn into the "Mod's are assholes" threads..

Ugh. I was trying to make my point without making it sound like you were an asshole. Ah, well. Not everything comes through written communication very well.

To keep up with my terribly informed opinions, my opinion you Juggernaut is of pretty high regard. :)

Fuck this thread, I'm going back to the interesting shit like the random picture thread. haha.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He does it to himself. He does get pretty fucking annoying with his "look what I did to this weapon, my living room, garage", etc let alone the "look at my ammo score from Wallyworld" posts in which

What an odd thread. Smells like troll spirit.

Honestly I am on board with the intent of this thread. There are just a bunch of people here who love to join a dogpile. It makes them feel like part of a team or something.   Boba Debt gets ridicu

Posted Images

I just read the thread. I didn't see where a banning was in order... But hey, I'm not the one that makes the decisions.

Don't think for a second that when someone goes farther than they should, that the thread doesn't get cleaned up to try to restore it back to topic. Members with post counts in the hundreds and thousands have just "vanished".

Can anyone give examples of new folks being mistreated and chased off?

I wasn't going to make a big deal out of this but since it's been asked by a moderator I will give the recent example of Swampyballs. He started an introduction thread. It soon became apparent that the member was gay and yes he offended some people, but banning him was a bit extreme. I say that because it was also apparent that he wanted to talk guns. His sexuality wasn't an issue until other members bought it up, myself included so I do take some responsibility. But again, banning him was a bit extreme. I would rather just seen the thread take a natural death and we still would have had another member contributing to the forum.

Edited: For inclusion of proper link.

I just read the thread. I didn't see where a banning was in order... But hey, I'm not the one that makes the decisions.

Good! as it does not require your approval! smile.png

Keep in mind, you all assemble your opinion simply from what you see and have no knowledge of what is unseen..

I don't involve myself unless I'm asked to do so... Hell, I quit posting for fun long ago... along with most of the oldschool members.

I try not to spend much time here unless RAP's are needed to be attended to....

Juggs you're one great dude and one hell of a Mod, one of the best I've seen, keep up the great work buddy!

Whoa!!!!! I thought I was back on barfcom there for a minute.

I've dealt with Boba in the past, and he was a stand-up guy to deal with. He had some FCG's for sale, and forgot to post they were for non-converted Saigas. After a few PM's, we figured it out, and moved on. He could have hosed me, but didn't. He did, however, point me where to find what I needed.

Yes, I saw his ammo thread. I merely read it and kept going. He wasn't the only one taking advantage of the situation, both here and elsewhere. Hell, I replied to a post on another forum and sold a few AR mags devoid of any finish and well used(as in looked like they'd been in The Stan since 2001) for a good chunk of change. The buyer was willing to pay, and I had them to spare. On the local level, I was offered $2K for my Saiga SGL 21-61 and over $3K for my AR......without the ammo/mags. If they were spares, they would have been gone right then and there. Mama didn't raise no fool here.

Shout out here to the mods. You guys keep a tight ship here, I know I've reported a couple of posts that seemed out of line to me. I mod on a preparedness forum. I'd rather have my email blown up by reports than see a mod bash thread(which would earn you a rapid perma-ban there). Keep up the good work.

I don't go to other forums but the mods here are great. I like Boba, as much as one can like a complete stranger on the Internet. Do I mind people talking shit on here? Not one bit. Do I dislike anyone here? Absolutely not. Do I care if people disagree with me? No

Do I get a kick out of fucking with people? Nope. Will i ever report a post? No. Basically if you own a S12 your cool with me. If you don't own a S12, fuck ya. JK.

• Like 2

I don't go to other forums but the mods here are great. I like Boba, as much as one can like a complete stranger on the Internet. Do I mind people talking shit on here? Not one bit. Do I dislike anyone here? Absolutely not. Do I care if people disagree with me? No

Do I get a kick out of fucking with people? Nope. Will i ever report a post? No. Basically if you own a S12 Saiga your cool with me. If you don't own a S12 Saiga, fuck ya. JK.

Fixed it for ya. Don't own an S12, but do own a Saiga. big_smile.gif

• Like 1

It isn't just your imagination: After years of being a pain in the ass and lack of the right nutrients, your skin really does get thinner and thinner. Here is an explanation of how it happens, and how you can thicken and rebuild paper thin skin.

What you notice first

Crying and whining for no “real” reason, you may have had a series of bumps, bruises and scrapes on the saiga forum. Your skin bruises at every little bump that most people would hardly notice. (Sometimes you can't even recall getting a bump, but you have a nasty bruise anyway.) If you scrape your knee even a little, your skin peels away as if you had a major accident.

This isn't just a problem of appearance. When your skin is this delicate, it is also easily infected, assholeitis may set in and takes much longer to heal. You may well need psycological care for a wound that would hardly bother someone with healthy skin.

What causes the problem

You’re probably a flaming fucken liberal, you may not even realize this condition exists in you, but others have seen it for a long time.

What is the cure

A good case of lead poisoning usually does the trick, permanently.

• Like 1

It's amazing that someone can make you actually miss McUzi.

Its amazing there are some of us around that remember McUzi.....

Juggs and the rest of the mods do a good job around here. It can't be easy

And Boba was alright to deal with on a few things. He marches to his own drummer when it comes to builds but its that spirit that once was a lot more common on this forum when everybody had to fabricate parts. Personally I wish there was more people who think outside the box rather than the bolt on crowd.

After a Google search it looks like Boba nuked all his photos. Guess he was afraid someone would steal his concept....laugh.png

This is the closest thing I could scrounge up. Linked on Images from the "Stoeger SXS Shotgun Project" thread from on here.

post-28103-0-90291300-1372302091.jpeg

In all honesty he's a big boy. If its more than he can take hell find the door. I honestly thought some of his projects were cool, and some were gimmicky. But hes not the only one to build ridiculous shit. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zombiehunters.org%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D16%26t%3D62706%26start%3D1224&ei=rcTLUYCyLoWn4APypYHQBQ&usg=AFQjCNFhS-88ZYSUpLyYtNIFfXTI7eT__Q

I honestly couldn't care less about the purpose of this thread. I just really want to see pics of one of these infamous builds. I can't find anything.

Wait for it...

Boom!

post-24315-0-06395500-1372310314_thumb.j

That could very well qualify as an infamous build!

You should know by now, If I'm upset.. I don't get all passive aggressive about it... I'm pretty direct...

Funny how these always turn into the "Mod's are assholes" threads..

This guy is possibly the nicest "asshole Mod" I've ever met, he's never hesitated to take time to BS on the phone or grab some grub with a forum member just passing through his neck of the woods. If you piss on him swift justice is taken, pretty simple. He's also been pretty damn forgiving to some real assholes on this forum.....

Members with post counts in the hundreds and thousands have just "vanished".

I joined S12 originally to learn from all the cool knowledge that was floating around on this forum, then some really good members were chased out.....

I still visit but its normally brief and I avoid most of the nonsense BS opinionated topics.

Sure wish it was like it used to be.

Boba makes some real weird stuff, that said some of it has actually helped pushed my thinking on platforms way outside of the box. As stated earlier I stay away from opinionated nonsense threads, if it doesn't keep my interest past the first two sentences I move on. I no longer find any need to even make a comment on dumb topics, it simply helps the thread die faster. Give it a whirl some time angry posters, it's pretty liberating.

Remember girls this is the Internet not your living room, don't like the content zip it and move on. It's as simple as a mouse click.

• Like 1

Some really good members have been chased off by the nonsense too. We have to strike a bargain to try to keep the most happy.

I've gone to bat for members just to be slapped in the face for it when attitudes and behavior didn't change.

I wish there was the same level of innovation too, but hardly anyone posts builds anymore and when they do its often just another bolt together in the pic threads.

The platform has grown up.

I have no issue with the man's mods, or what he sells them for.

I have an issue with someone finding ammo at a normal price, then taking advantage of the panic to make a profit.

Yes, it makes you money, yes, it's legal, but to me, it's not right.

I'm not right then. I literally bought a new truck with the money I made after Newtown. Free market and all that.

Everytime you buy ammo, it's from someone who bought it at a lower price, then marked it up a bit, then sold it to you.

A friend of mine owns an ammo business, at a recent show he sold almost all of his ammo in an hour, and MOST of it was to other venders, who promptly put a higher price on the box and put em up for sale. Did My friend whine like a baby? Nope, he figured a fair price for him, and was stoked to have sold out of product.

I have had no problems finding ammo this past year, because I put in the "Legwork, and effort" to find it. It did take lots of time and looking, and meeting new folks, and well, time is money, so if I sell it, I will be trying to compensate for that by.......wait for it..............Charging more than I paid!!!!

This is how our economic process works. Nobody "Owes you a good deal".

• Like 3

He does it to himself. He does get pretty fucking annoying with his "look what I did to this weapon, my living room, garage", etc let alone the "look at my ammo score from Wallyworld" posts in which he boasts about gouging the people he is selling it to. I personally had to hold back on an ammo ad of his in this forum in which his asking prices were ridiculous. If you want to build a shit rigged gun and post it, fine. Be prepared for criticism though. I personally haven't been impressed with his builds like that aweful Stoeger with Picatinny rails, etc. I could care less what he does remodelling his kitchen. Wrong forum. You don't see me posting my latest Jeep mods or the header install on my Camaro as it not the place to do it. Nice of you to say something in his defense but he has annoyed people on this forum longer that you have stated and some members tire of it.

That about sums it up for me too.

The first night Boba was here he threw a hissy fit over becoming a contributor for $5 so he could post all of his for sale stuff. I was not impressed with him from day one. Then to come here for a long time and the top few posts were always from him selling stuff, it got really annoying.

It's not really all of the for sale posts in General, silly bull-pup stuff, or his kitchen cabinet posts, it really comes down to a consistently bad attitude. Nobody is perfect, I'm certainly not either, but when I annoy people I try to learn from it and not be so annoying.

He also appeared to be selling enough guns for profit here that he was in violation of ATF rules for needing an FFL to do so. He did all of his gun pics with a light box so they looked like they were from a catalog. Then he'd throw "sales" for the holidays and the whole bit. I thought it attracted negative attention to the forum for non-licensed members to be doing business here like that.

Just my opinions maybe, but as long as the question was asked......

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

So a list of posters I miss a lot?

I miss seeing build threads and tech threads from guys like (in no particular order): gunfixxer nate, bobAsh, moezambique, papazoro, Texzen, Bvamp (ben vampatela), some of the really old tromix guys posts, and the really old Cobra762 posts. Some of those guys do new stuff still, but they are cautious now, and generally only drop a thread when something was ready to sell. It was a lot of fun when someone was figuring it out as they went and posting back and forth about the crazy ideas and how they ran into problems and got around them. I understand the dynamic has to change when play becomes work. I miss the play.

Funked out's recent build thread, the chats I have had with Tapeworm3, papazoro, evl, and cobra, MSR diver (load development), and dolomite supafly, had some of that flavor, but most of that stuff was out of public sight.

I want to see anyone willing to put up a novel concept. By definition, most of that is going to be pointless, or even cause more problems than it solves, but that is how progress happens. Creativity feeds off of creativity. Dinzag wouldn't have sold his beautiful kits, and tromix never would have picked up the platform and started the shorty thing if Cobra had never done a kitchen table build with some JB weld on it. Yes. JB weld. That drew criticism and some WTFs, but it got people thinking. Also Cobra learned a lot and I wouldn't expect to see JB on anything he has done since.

So for all the people complaining and ranting on this thread on one side or another. Or worse, getting all self righteous and un-ironically posting that they are too good to post in such a petty thread...

Get out there and make something crazy. Show us how. Be brave enough to show your mistakes and get made fun of.

* PS. I know I have left out people I would like to give credit to. I just put up some of the names that came to mind.

• Like 2