Factory style side folder questions

Did a little searching but didn't come up with much.

Anyone have a guide to installing the the trunion? I've got it figured out pretty well, but I always like to see other people's ideas.

At what angle is the receiver cut at?

Is there anyone that makes a plum side folder? I am going for the triangle but the thought of changing them out at leisure with other options is always nice.

What is the correct hinge size?

Thanks!

Anyone have a guide to installing the the trunion?

I haven't found any guides to the process, but an older thread from sKott details his build pretty well and has helped me.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/21197-skotts-saiga-12-c-conversion/

At what angle is the receiver cut at?

Depends on which side folder you get. The correct one (5.5 mm pin) I believe is cut at a 4.5 degree angle. My advice to anyone doing a conversion with a new trunnion is to use the ideal dimensions second to the actual dimensions of your trunnion.

Is there anyone that makes a plum side folder? I am going for the triangle but the thought of changing them out at leisure with other options is always nice.

Not that I've seen. There are not too many choices other than what Izhmash or Arsenal has to offer. It would be interesting to see if you could take the pivot off a black polymer buttstock and add it to a plum one.

What is the correct hinge size?

The correct hinge size for an S12 side folder is 5.5 mm. Rusmilitary can hook you up with a steel triangle in 5.5 mm.

Don't forget about the front latch. Those parts are fairly hard to come by.

To bad SaigaTechUSA/RamLake/Ray was booted. He once started a thread on how to do this. He even tried to get it stickied. But, for whatever reason, it never was.

You can get a thread where everyone shits on some guy's tacticooled gun stickied but not some useful info like how to install a 100 series folder onto a S12. (eyes roll)

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...