New Laws considered in California

The reforms tabled included:

Further ammunition restrictions,

Firearm Ownership and Loan Limits: Maximum loan of 2 firearms per year, maximum ownership of 10 firearms.

Firearms Trading Restrictions: A private Individual would only be allowed to buy, swap, or sell a MAXIMUM of 5 firearms per year.

I think California is doing well. It's not like anyone needs a semi-auto, or 50 guns. 3 guns are good enough for me to hunt with.

What I don't see is an actual safety benefit.

And what data is being used to generate these laws? Normally a law must use gathered data to show effects, firearms laws seem to be based in nothing.

Even Europe as restrictive as they are has a logical reason for each restriction. These laws being tossed around are just stupidity based on a CSI episode, not actual data.

If any politician wanted to, they could pull the data from more then a dozen countries that implemented massive firearms laws. Not a single law lived up to the promises made, because violent crime is about motives more then the tools to commit them. Firearms are simply better then knives, take away firearms on any large scale and stabbings go up, stabbings are actually very hard to solve in areas around the US as we don't have the security that other areas do.

I think California is doing well. It's not like anyone needs a semi-auto, or 50 guns. 3 guns are good enough for me to hunt with.

Your joking, right?

I believe he's being sarcastic. sort of like when I got a speeding ticket I told the cop, "wow, you got me, bet they'll promote you now for you're "astute crime fighting skills".

Ive got another one to use next time, " I was going to be a police officer, like you, but 2 things held me back. 1) I passed the test and 2) I know who my father is.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Your joking, right?

I believe he's being sarcastic. sort of like when I got a speeding ticket I told the cop, "wow, you got me, bet they'll promote you now for you're "astute crime fighting skills".

Ive got another one to use next time, " I was going to be a police officer, like you, but 2 things held me back. 1) I passed the test and 2) I know who my father is.

I kinda figured he is but then again can't really tell. He could be another idiot who thinks gun control keeps him safe or like AA said, a plant! Edited by Ethan M
  • 2 weeks later...

Your joking, right?

Honestly, the better one to use on a cop is, "You pulled me over so I can buy tickets to the Peace Officer's Ball, right?"

When he grumpily responds, "Peace officers don't have balls" you got him. And you never said anything actionable.

Your joking, right?

if you read his other posts, its pretty clear hes joking.

Your joking, right?

if you read his other posts, its pretty clear hes joking.
Gotcha. That's good to know. Lol my bad H Bar