Folding stock from Oleg

I havent gotten mine yet and was curious if anyone has gotten theirs yet? I ordered mine back in November and when I went to his site about a month ago I saw this message:

"20.05.13 - ALL RPK hardware (including complete sets of RPK folding buttstocks and furniture) reserved by customers earlier have arrived and ALL orders have been shipped ! (Pls e-mail if you have not received tracking info ??) VEPR-12 folding butts & HG will follow shortly.. Lower handguards, on its own, will be available in 10 days as we are expecting special order to come in.."

Since I had not received my tracking info I sent him an email. Never got a response so I sent another.. and another. Three emails to this date and he still not has responded.. does he usually respond quick or do I need to talk to my credit card company? Thanks

I did the same thing. I emailed him for a tracking number as well. just making sure I wasn't forgotten, glad to see I'm not the only one. I waited over a year to get my sbr back from having it engraved i guess i can wait. lol.

I havent gotten mine yet and was curious if anyone has gotten theirs yet? I ordered mine back in November and when I went to his site about a month ago I saw this message:

"20.05.13 - ALL RPK hardware (including complete sets of RPK folding buttstocks and furniture) reserved by customers earlier have arrived and ALL orders have been shipped ! (Pls e-mail if you have not received tracking info ??) VEPR-12 folding butts & HG will follow shortly.. Lower handguards, on its own, will be available in 10 days as we are expecting special order to come in.."

Since I had not received my tracking info I sent him an email. Never got a response so I sent another.. and another. Three emails to this date and he still not has responded.. does he usually respond quick or do I need to talk to my credit card company? Thanks

Yeah.....I placed my V12 folding stock order back on Nov 22, and have tried emailing Oleg twice over the last month with no response. My guess is that he is annoyed, and purposely not responding. I've placed about 10 orders with him over the past 5-6 years, and expect better customer service than that. If I ever receive this order, I will never place another order with him again.

I feel for you guys. You did exactly what seemed like the smart move at the time to get your Vepr to a near-100%-factory state. Now, factory sidefolders have been imported and sold since that time, and y'all are still stuck playing the waiting game. I'm confident they will show up for you eventually, and I don't suspect actual malice on Oleg's part, but I can imagine y'alls frustration. If it were me, I would buy the factory sidefolder while it is currently available and sell the fixed version, or the folding stock, or both, separately. I would cut my expenditures and not pay to have a conversion. IMO, that would be like throwing good money after bad.

conversion vs. factory will have difference results.

The factory folder is not square to the bottom /top of the receiver. It is at a slight angle. A conversion would, presumably, have it square.

I hope that works out for you, but I got a feeling it would be a major PITA because the droop is there by design.

I am not converting anything :)

Square with no droop would be great, though, if you are putting a pignose/ar15 adapter on there.

I have my standard Vepr, leaving it with by UBR stock. I ended up selling my folder model for now. Will wait to see what else hits the shores later on.

Oleg has responded to emails from me in the past.. But that was, of course, when it came to something I wanted to buy. When this V12 stock set 1st went up for sale, it was posted in a way (by Oleg) that made it "appear" to be in stock. Then after placing the order, I find out its actually an order item. I understand that things take time, and was never a nag to him. But to request an update after 7 months is not unreasonable.

The factory folder is not square to the bottom /top of the receiver. It is at a slight angle. A conversion would, presumably, have it square.

I have seen guys complain about the "droop" several times as if it is a flaw or screw-up on a particular gun. As far as I can tell, the angle of the stock on the FSF models that just hit the US recently is exactly the same as the factory Molot guns I have seen in pics/videos from Russia. Is there something I am missing or do you guys just not like the angle built into the Molot design? I am just curious and wanting to understand the different plans.

I have seen guys complain about the "droop" several times as if it is a flaw or screw-up on a particular gun. As far as I can tell, the angle of the stock on the FSF models that just hit the US recently is exactly the same as the factory Molot guns I have seen in pics/videos from Russia. Is there something I am missing or do you guys just not like the angle built into the Molot design? I am just curious and wanting to understand the different plans.

Depends on what one desires. The droop was purposeful from molot, no doubt. It puts the optics up higher in line for proper sighting....

On the other hand, a big advantage of the AR system is that the stock is directly in line with the barrel reducing muzzle rise. The disadvantage is you now need risers for optics. The first AR used the top of the carry handle. Flat tops need the risers you see.

If you were to chop the folding mechanism and put a AR pig nose or other AR adapter on there as seen in many of the PZ pics of russian rigs, personally i would think you would want to compensate for that angle of the molot factory setup, and/or convert one that has a square back to a folder - so that the result is a AR stock that does not angle downward.

Take your pick.

Depends on what one desires. The droop was purposeful from molot, no doubt. It puts the optics up higher in line for proper sighting....

On the other hand, a big advantage of the AR system is that the stock is directly in line with the barrel reducing muzzle rise. The disadvantage is you now need risers for optics. The first AR used the top of the carry handle. Flat tops need the risers you see.

If you were to chop the folding mechanism and put a AR pig nose or other AR adapter on there as seen in many of the PZ pics of russian rigs, personally i would think you would want to compensate for that angle of the molot factory setup, and/or convert one that has a square back to a folder - so that the result is a AR stock that does not angle downward.

Take your pick.

Makes sense. Thanks for explaining. I figured there had to be a reason why some people seemed disappointed about the angle in the stock.