I just recently got a Saiga 12 and figured this would be a good resource for info and i wanted to introduce myself. Im from the midwest, im new to owning a Saiga but not to firearms nor the AK platform. I enjoy work, music, guns (of course) and long walks on the beach in a speedo. (im joking) i prefer nude beachs. Tons of those around the midwest right? Anyways its good to be here and hopefully it will aide me in my next build.

Yeoldtool works at a prison. He will explain it to you, DLT. Probably you will want to leave the quadrail off of your EDC draco though.

OP- Welcome. I will give you the advice you are going to get.

1) Don't buy anything other than magazines untill you know how you want your build to end up. Scroll through the whole dang picture thread and write down everything you want.

1.5) Don't buy a relibility kit and don't buy parts to solve problems you don't know if you have.

2) Cross every thing off your list that has any weight you don't need.

3) Search the forum like this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=forum.saiga12.com+does+anyone+sell+a+My+Little+Pony+themed+S12+stock+set%3F

It works better than the one in the forum.

4) pay attention to 922r here: Gunwiki: 922® Worksheet for Saiga Shotguns you can get your advice from the horse's mouth or a horse's ...

Here is a paint by the numbers explanation that can help confused people. Am I 922r safe ? Apples Analogy

• Like 1

Hey there! Take it all in with a grain of salt. We can all be dicks around here and text is not a good way to pick up on people's true intent. I most often come off as an arrogant jack ass but have good intentions.

Damn near everything that can be done to your saiga has already been done on here by members. Search the forums and have fun! Tons of experts here who build them and will help you out.

My dick is way bigger than yours.

Welcome to the party.

You have to hide it in "natures" pocket. (wink wink) and thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I have a "sporterised"

Saiga 12 with a 19 inch barrel and 3 gas ports. i just got the drill needed for my trigger conversion today.

Sounds good if you have reliability issues, consider the link in my signature. If I had a 3 port gun that needed more gas, I would consider giving it 2 more tiny ports as needed. (Which I did)

You have to hide it in "natures" pocket. (wink wink) and thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I have a "sporterised"

Saiga 12 with a 19 inch barrel and 3 gas ports. i just got the drill needed for my trigger conversion today.

Sounds good if you have reliability issues, consider the link in my signature. If I had a 3 port gun that needed more gas, I would consider giving it 2 more tiny ports as needed. (Which I did)

I will, I got them bookmarked. That's actually something I've been really concerned with (most of all prior to buying it), aside from test fires I haven't been able to really use it since it isn't compliant yet. The retailer lost the factory mag before I had it held and picked it up so they tossed in a couple 10 rounds for free.

Cool deal.

Don't worry too much about it, most people don't have problems. Naturally they don't go searching for a website to read about solutions. Therefore, we tend to mostly get the percentage that do have the problems and come here for answers. This creates a perception of greater issues than actually exist. Further, the vast majority of the people who do have problems can get away with running slightly heavier ammo and never think twice about it.

One thing you will find is that you become less of a wuss when you have a gas operated gun. What I mean by that is this. Sure- you are manly and can handle painful ammo. We all are...... But if we are honest, most of us somehow tend to shoot a lot more of the ammo that hurts less. However, an S12 with proper stock setup and maybe a sissy pad (and comp if you want) will shoot the ammo that you used to get tired of after 5-10 shots in your pump feel like no big deal, and you will find your ammo budget runs out quicker.

That puts my mind at ease. That makes sense, I try to scour resources before I buy and make sure I'm not getting myself into a 6-8 pound paper wieght I'll never use or that'll cost way more money but most of what I would see would be problem issues people are trying to find a solution for. I guess i'm in the right place then, knowledgeable people who have done these builds before and dealt with all the problems I hopefully can avoid. I'm not really sure where i wanna go after replacing the trigger at this point but I do know I want the Saiga to be as the creators intended. I guess my next project will be furnishing after the triggers done,

Welcome aboard! Some folks are jaded with the recent onslaught from a Dbag member(that should be IP banned), but most if not all folks here are very helpful.

Stick around and you will learn that.

Congrats on your S12! Fun gun to have.

All jokes aside. Here she is, she isn't much to look at yet but Heh so is the GF and I keep her around. I had to switch from my tab to pc to upload. I'm going to use a trigger kit from Dinzagarms.

2013-06-28202759_zps61f41e1d.jpg

I wish mine would have included the furry little targets........would have saved a lot of problems with the neighbors...........big_smile.gif

welcome aboard