Integrated Sight Questions

I was wondering if anyone had up close pictures or could describe how the rear sight is affixed to the receiver on the 02 Vepr rifles? Does it sit in the groove where the rear leaf sight usually would or if not does that grooved section still exist? The reason I ask is I am wondering if you could affix a rear rail for optics like the Texas Weapons Systems Dog leg, which attaches to that section. Any info would help a lot. Thanks!

post-47698-0-38338100-1372571491_thumb.jpg

I was trying to see if this would fit the Vepr Square back 223/308 integrated sight model 02 here is the description for the models it fits but is pictured on a 308 Vepr:

Fits AK47, AKM & AK74 with "standard patterned barrels"
Bushings will fit the following barrel diameters:
Front barrel diameter .600 +/- .015
Rear barrel diameter .670 +/- .015

Will not fit heavy barreled rifles.
Will fit all Saiga rifles, except the Saiga 12 & Saiga .308 due to its tapered barrel.

Customers should measure their barrel diameters for compatibility before purchasing.

Kalinka Optics & Texas Shooters Supply have them but they are pricey....

This is by far the the cleanest and sexiest rail system I have ever seen!!!!!!

Edited by Mountain Man

Okay here is one pic I see how it sits, so looking at this or anyone who has one do you think if you remove the sight you could attach a hinge dustcover, specifically the Texas Weapons systems Dog leg rail? Anyone have one?

post-47698-0-02541000-1372570977_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mountain Man

Okay here is one pic I see how it sits, so looking at this or anyone who has one do you think if you remove the sight you could attach a hinge dustcover, specifically the Texas Weapons systems Dog leg rail? Anyone have one?

attachicon.gifIntSgh.jpg

it was already answered for you on the Super Vepr board: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/81083-vepr-super-308-and-vepr-308-side-by-side/&do=findComment&comment=811977

in a nutshell, no it cannot fit the TWS rail. it will not line up at all. only the version 1 rifles with the leaf sites will work

attachicon.gifIntSgh.jpg

it was already answered for you on the Super Vepr board: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/81083-vepr-super-308-and-vepr-308-side-by-side/&do=findComment&comment=811977

in a nutshell, no it cannot fit the TWS rail. it will not line up at all. only the version 1 rifles with the leaf sites will work

Okay thanks, I wouldn't think to look in that section, got it though. I am trying to figure out if the front rail system will fit? The requirements are:

Now I see on that thread the following info for the Vepr:

Front barrel diameter: .645 of an inch

Rear barrel diameter: 800 to .810 by the rear sight block

Just looking at those numbers it looks like it would not fit, but the pic in the advertised it is on a Vepr 308. So I am still confused on the front section...

Thanks again

Edited by Mountain Man

attachicon.gifIntSgh.jpg

Okay thanks, I wouldn't think to look in that section, got it though. I am trying to figure out if the front rail system will fit? The requirements are:

Now I see on that thread the following info for the Vepr:

Front barrel diameter: .645 of an inch

Rear barrel diameter: 800 to .810 by the rear sight block

Just looking at those numbers it looks like it would not fit, but the pic in the advertised it is on a Vepr 308. So I am still confused on the front section...

Thanks again

same author of that post made another that compares the .308 saiga to the .308 vepr, might help ya in your decisions.