762x39 seems back to almost normal online.. the 223/556 crap is still at $0.50/round for brass.. Some places think $14.99/30 is a deal over the $9.99/20..

Come'on companies.. either way it's $0.50/round.. mad.gif if your going do us dirty at that price give us FREE SHIPPING.. 034.gif

I haven't shot anything since October.. just sitting on it.. sad.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least in my neck of the woods, everything is back on the shelves and in large quanity at every local store. Hows it looking in your neighborhood?

I just GAVE the older guy that has his small trailer parked up on the main road selling fresh fruits and vegetables a 500 round brick of 22lr. We was talking on Saturday morning when we stopped to get

Walked into Wal Mart and checked this past Wednesday evening and surprise surprise, the truck had just run. One dude was already at the counter ahead of me, and another drifted up while I waited my tu

At least in my neck of the woods, everything is back on the shelves and in large quanity at every local store.

Hows it looking in your neighborhood?

At what prices though?

Everything is (has been for 2 months) easy to find except 22LR but it's all 20% more than it used to be. Unless of course you shop at Gander Mountain where a 20% price hike is normal and it's 40% now days.

Good thing I live 10 minutes from the Federal Ammunition plant here in MN, I just got 3 cases of XM68GD (90gr Gold Dot 6.8 SPC) for 50% of what the normal price is, if you can find it! :)

Getting better around still spotty , but I scored a winchester.40 caliber 100 round value pack at Walmart , 1 week after I got a 250 round remington value pack .45 caliber and some Tula 9mm.

Shit 40 & 45 have been around in mass quantities all year for cheap here especially 40. Like me it seems like Minnesota guy's see that the .40 S&W (short & wimpy) sucks lol.

This entire time my "secondary" LGS has had handgun ammo at a pretty much unaffected price. Been picking up 50rd boxes of 9mm for $12-15 each and .40 for $15-20, depending on the brand. Fortunately, he's in the middle of nowhere and most people don't know the shop exists.

In ct I might be able to find ammo. As of today residents need a permit to buy ammo.

Are you F'in kidding me!?
. Not. At. All.

Wow I didn't know you needed a stupid permit for ammo, that's a little ridiculous. We just need am UD showing you're over 21 for pistol ammo otherwise 18 for all other ammo (idk what 223 and x39 is, could be 21).

Nothing. Absolutely nothing in any caliber. Nothing. How can this possibly be? ANY caliber? HOW can this POSSIBLY be after 2 or 3 YEARS? Unless you own something that shoots 270. SERIOUSLY! HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY BE - NATIONWIDE? HOW THE HELL CAN THIS BE? I REPEAT, HOW can this possibly be? in all calibers Nationwide.? After a couple of YEARS? I want a jack dude from Remington. Federal, Winchester or any other company to explain how they are allegedly going full bore, and can't keep the shelves full. OF ANYTHING Or EVEN stock ANYthing on the shelves at all. FOR OVER TWO YEARS! I would just like an explanation. WTF? DHS can't POSSIBLY be buying that much of EVERY caliber out there. .22 for goodness sake! GET REAL! NOTHING. They can supposedly make millions of rounds of .22 a day. WHERE IS IT? One would think that they would want to make a profit. WHERE IS IT? I guess if I was the military, I sure wouldn't want these idiots supplying my ammo. They can't even cover the civilian market.

Edited by coronet

Not one damn round of of anything here. except 270. or sometimes bulk pack 12 gauge. Sometimes. oNCE IN A WHILE. Is DHS buying up all the bulk 12 gauge also? LOL. At least you people in the large metro areas will be able to defend yourself. There has been nothing in the heartland for quite some time. NOTHING.

Edited by coronet

And the libs ( I won't mention any names, but her initials start with Diane Fienstien) want to ban internet purchases of ammo. Gee. I wonder why. Can't get any local, take away online purchases. poof all gone. gone. OP , you are a lucky man, or you are full of shit up to your eyeballs. I would almost say you are a troll, getting people pissed off like this. Buy Buy Buy, and sell at the same amount you bought it for to us. Or shut up and go away. Quit gloating and rubbing it in. The only way I can get ammo is to buy it off the internet, or kill someone and steal whatever he is carrying. And trade, barter or use it for currency.

Edited by coronet

Well, except defense loads, pistol ammo is scarce locally. When seen, 50 to 60 cents a round. Same with popular rifle rounds, ounce in awhile see it's around 80 cents to over a buck. Don't shoot .40, almost like seeing a white elephant, for those who do. Heck, Walmart very seldom has bulk pack of birdshot. Get other ammo in by box, not case. 08:00 gone by 08:30. Local shop owner, who I've done business for years, always has it on order, gets in 500rd cases now and then. Limits 1 box, 3 if purchase weapon. Doesn't gouge, yet seen his invoice, his wholesale price causes counter price to be 50 to 60 cents. 22lr is just crazy priced and scarce.

• 2 months later...

In ct I might be able to find ammo. As of today residents need a permit to buy ammo.

Are you F'in kidding me!?
. Not. At. All.

Time to do the recall thingy don't you think?

9mm Hornady Hollow point not to be had.

Will have to go online

9mm is ok online... for now sure wasn't earlier.

As is 40sw, well I havent had any problem getting 40s all during this thing, just had to be flexible on brand.

Love it when I guess right which cals would be easier during a shortage either political or logistical.

22s in stock are damned near a myth.

What have we learned from this?

22s are sheer gold in times of shortage. greedy.gif

Everybody wants 9mm and the demand will hose the system. secret_smile.gif

40sw can be found when 9mm cannot. exciting.gif

308 is costly but thats to be expected. victory.gif

x39 still hang around almost as well as 223. I was a bit surprised. shocked.gif

Reloading components are always affected, stock up. horror.gif

40sw can be found when 9mm cannot. exciting.gif

308 is costly but thats to be expected. victory.gif

Now that I've gotten rid of all my 9mm pistols maybe I'll get a 40.

PMC 308 is available for 0.75 which isn't bad at all.

Today Wallyworld also had 250rd packs of 45 and 40, some 9mm, and a 12ga buckshot. But no 22lr still.

Have all the brass case I need, some steel and components would be grand though.

If it ever goes back to .50/rnd may change my mind.

The 40sw is falling out of favor with the trendy crowd.

Same crowd that told everyone the 9mm wasn't enough now change the tune.

You know em, Yeager comes to mind as an example.

In one breath he claims there aint any real difference in 9, 40 or 45 and then starts running down the 40.

Damn sheep will follow anyone.

Screw em. I like the round and I could find it when there was no 9mm, which is why I went with it.

Cause really thats the only difference that matters now days.