So as you can see I did some work on my rifle
- got a montecarlo cheek rest with a velcro strap.
- did the RSA trigger job.
- Following Zagumennyyilya's lead on a temporary bedding solution, I used rubber from an innertube to bed the barrel as well as the front and rear of the action.
- not to mention fixing the wretched color of the stock, yea I know it wasn't a performance upgrade but damn it had to be done!
Yesterday I got a few mags down range using some ammo we tried last time and since ammo prices suck I found some Armscor USA 147gr FMJ which replaced the Hornaday match ammo I used last time. A few things were very apparent. (all tests were 20 rounds unless otherwise noted)
Armscor USA makes some very good ammo that really gave my Hornaday test(premod) a run for its money
Winchester improved greatly despite a few flyers at the start
and Remington Core Lokt still sucks!
Following the tests I decided to try some traditional 5 round groups with the armscor ammo which was all that was left in my bag. on average with 3 groups I was over 1.5 moa which most likely was all me. My second group however I was absolutely ecstatic with the result breaking into sub moa territory with .823 moa.