Took too much metal off side rivet

What exactly are or were you trying to do?

I can't upload pics but the 2 axis for the fcg I think I over drilled on one side because its the same diameter as the larger size by the side mounting bracket

If you drilled the two axis pins that hold the trigger group and hammer in place you did something wrong, if you messed up the receiver doing this, you just trashed youe rifle. A saiga 308 is different thsn the other rifles as there are not any "extra" rivets to drill out.

Average? No, your average gunsmith doesn't know/do welding.

A good gunsmith who actually knows how to weld (TIG) can/should do it.

I would be asking Cobra or one of the other Business Members if they would do it.

man you screwed the pooch. those axis pins are held in place by retainer, all you needed to do was to take out the retainer and the pins just slide out. those holes will have to be tig welded then re-drill EXCATLY where they once were. then you'll need new axis pins

the myth that AK are built sloppily, is just that a myth, FCG axis pin holes, rails etc... have to fall in tight tolerances.

at least it fixable, though it's going to cost you a chunk of money to have it corrected. just chalk it up to, don't do things I don't understand, tuition fee

take chile's advice, contact Cobra or one of the other gunsmith business members and see if they will take on that work.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Anyone that builds AK's from bare flats should be able to repair it relatively easily. They would have all the correct jigs that are needed to get alignment.

Lots of builders to choose from and possibly local to you too.

The siaga 308 doesn't have the extra axis pins, unlike the other rifles. The trigger is just an extended piece of stamped steel to reach the monte carlo stock. Fixing it isn't really difficult, but it's going to take somebody with some knowledge of saiga/ AK's. Your gun isn't trashed, just "temporarily inconvenienced". Do yourself and the gun a favor and DON'T do it yourself anymore. Not at least until you've done more research and have discussed this research with somebody who's done a few saiga conversions.

• Like 1