GK-01 BRAKE vs the US made one by carolina shooters supply

while i personally doubt the validity of this statement, it has been saod that the single sided gills on the GK make (for righ handed shooters) the muzzle rize/flip all go so as to make return to target shooting much more effective.

Now to get all hardcore and stuff: if you shoot somethin with a shotgun and need to return to the target you are either at a range or need to spend more time on the range. 1oz of lead at 1300fps > 200lbs of flesh all day, every day. I have not heard any reviews on how effective it makes acquiring new targets which would be much more practical, functional, and critical. (I went all Rambo on that one).

The CSS break does get good reviews, as does the Bonesteeel firestorm break which is slightly cheaper, and the Tromix monster break which is more

expensive. The hard part will be getting a review not skewed by Russian love or "Team AMERICA, Fuck yeah"!!!!

I have personally used the monster and the difference is insane, but the break makes the gun very front heavy after a lot of shooting and it is half a foot long so a chop down would be recommended by me unless you want the option to shoot something or just be able to reach out and hit it with the barrel. The mini monster is a "middle of the pack" option that provides noticiable recoil reduction without the insane added length or bulk of the much larger competition style breaks.

I personally prefer the real deal over a knock off. The other is not a true gk01 due to the three vents on the left and the width of the vents, and that they do not exist on molot gk-01. I'm sure it works fine, but just not the same. But you say u don't care about that so get yourself a firestorm brake, much cheaper than the other and just as effective.

is the original GK-01 worth the 100 extra bucks ? over the one offered by carolina shooters supply/ If I am not worried about keeping the vepr all Russian smile.png

If you want the original design I believe Legion sells them and has them quite often.

We took the original design and improved it to be more effective for recoil with the enlarged rights ports and added left ports. We tested them side by side and the recoil control is much better on ours. It also gives you a US compliant part. You will be happy with either one.

There are many US "versions" of russian parts like the MD "Molot" grip, DPH 10 slot, Krebs Russian birdcage flash hider etc. all are US made parts produced so you have more options for 922r compliance.

• Like 2

I purchased several parts from CSS and was in no way trying to say you tried to make a direct copy of there item or that your part was less effective and have no problem with USA made parts heck I am a manufacturer here and love the thought of buying US made stuff :) humm then why do I have a vepr LOL

I have just seen a lot of hoopla about the original Russian version and wondered if it lived up to the hype and was worth the extra cash.

as far as other brakes I like the looks of those 2 and was just wondering what the better one was and should have known it was another Chevy vs ford thing but not quite a motor oil preference question.

Thanks for all the input.

Any benefits over your new dominator Brake CSS?

Both the Dominator and US Molot brake we sell are at the top for recoil reduction. It just depends on which look you like better.

As a competition shooter I need fast follow up shots and these comps are a must. I have both the Molot GK-01 and the CSS brakes and shoot them both regularly so can say from personal experience my observations on both comps. Both the Molot and the CSS both work well for me. I'm left handed and welded up the right side ports on the Molot since, as one would expect, it seemed to pull a bit to the left The problem for me with these comps is that I don't like the Russian style chokes. Chokes are a must for me and you will notice each gun is set up for chokes. The left gun uses choke adapter. The threads inside of the comp were machined out and the comp is held on to the choke adapter with four set screws which fit into matching dimples in the choke adapter. The right gun has a barrel which is internally threaded for chokes and the Molot GK-01 is held on to the barrel with a compression fitting.

post-31037-0-32912800-1373210010_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

while i personally doubt the validity of this statement, it has been saod that the single sided gills on the GK make (for righ handed shooters) the muzzle rize/flip all go so as to make return to target shooting much more effective.

Now to get all hardcore and stuff: if you shoot somethin with a shotgun and need to return to the target you are either at a range or need to spend more time on the range. 1oz of lead at 1300fps > 200lbs of flesh all day, every day. I have not heard any reviews on how effective it makes acquiring new targets which would be much more practical, functional, and critical. (I went all Rambo on that one).

The CSS break does get good reviews, as does the Bonesteeel firestorm break which is slightly cheaper, and the Tromix monster break which is more

expensive. The hard part will be getting a review not skewed by Russian love or "Team AMERICA, Fuck yeah"!!!!

I have personally used the monster and the difference is insane, but the break makes the gun very front heavy after a lot of shooting and it is half a foot long so a chop down would be recommended by me unless you want the option to shoot something or just be able to reach out and hit it with the barrel. The mini monster is a "middle of the pack" option that provides noticiable recoil reduction without the insane added length or bulk of the much larger competition style breaks.

All of the brakes designed for competition are more focused on keeping the recoil linear than on recoil cancellation. The idea is that the sight picture doesn't change so you can require the same target or smoothly flow through a line of targets rapidly indexing.

I can't quantify my own experience, but I don't doubt that I do so faster with the comp I have. The heavier the shot the more noticeable the speed gain is.