need a GOOD saiga12 butt pad

hi guys, after i bought my legion 433a a couple of months i bought a UTG model 47 combat butt pad.

feels ok to reduce the recoil of heavy field loads i use and somewhat ok for defensive high-power loads

but the pad slips off every once and a while. it slips on the standard butt stock of the 433a but not very tight.

is there another brand that will work really well for recoil and fit very tight? not interested in changing the stock.

if you got a link of where to buy one, please send me one via IM. thanks!

I have a limbsaver pad on my S12 tromix stock, and its magnificent. Definitely kept my shoulder from getting sore after firing a TON of slugs and other high power shells. Limbsaver makes a lot of pads for numerous stocks, and they have a universal 'grind to fit' one that can be mounted to stocks they don't make one for. Its actually the only stock pad I've ever had, but I like it. It is actually just glued on the back of the buttstock with "plumbers goop" which hold it extremely well, but if you TRY to remove it, you can get it separated, and you can peel like rubbery glue off like rubber cement, and you can get it all off without much trouble. So, maybe try gluing your existing pad on with some plumbers goop to keep it on!

(Plumbers goop is what is actually recommended by the manufacturer to attach the limbsaver pad to the tromix stock.)

Edited by Turbo.M777

I have a limbsaver pad on my S12 tromix stock, and its magnificent. Definitely kept my shoulder from getting sore after firing a TON of slugs and other high power shells. Limbsaver makes a lot of pads for numerous stocks, and they have a universal 'grind to fit' one that can be mounted to stocks they don't make one for. Its actually the only stock pad I've ever had, but I like it. It is actually just glued on the back of the buttstock with "plumbers goop" which hold it extremely well, but if you TRY to remove it, you can get it separated, and you can peel like rubbery glue off like rubber cement, and you can get it all off without much trouble. So, maybe try gluing your existing pad on with some plumbers goop to keep it on!

(Plumbers goop is what is actually recommended by the manufacturer to attach the limbsaver pad to the tromix stock.)

thanks for the info! i`ll take a look at one them tomorrow.

I suggest getting them on Ebay. For AK stocks, every size they make is big enough. And a take off from someone's trap gun from 1985 is still good. They don't dry up like rubber. I need to do one for the Ruger 30/06.

Guide Comfortable Wood Goodness with a modern touch. - Tech Section - forum.Saiga-12.com

I use one of the "grind to fit" limbsaver pads. Have it on a MAA ace stock. Took the time to grind the curve, drill and tap the stock and it is completely worth it. Super comfey. Eats up the recoil on higher powered stuff. 5'2" girlfriend loves shooting it after i put the pad on