I found I like mowing the tall grass at my shooting spot with target loads. 4' tall patch of nettles.....6" after 40 rnds. Also mow the trail shoulders and parking area. Also takes the kids spraypaint off the sandstone rock.

I always leave with a bag of empties and wads if I can find them.

Gunfun, the forum is waguns.org

Thanks. I got all excited when I saw the shooting maps section. Then I saw that it was just links to paid ranges. I am dissapoint.

I found I like mowing the tall grass at my shooting spot with target loads. 4' tall patch of nettles.....6" after 40 rnds. Also mow the trail shoulders and parking area. Also takes the kids spraypaint off the sandstone rock.

I always leave with a bag of empties and wads if I can find them.

Tannerite clears the target area of vegetation nicely. We had weeds and brush over 6' tall in front of our backstop out at the farm.Our choice was to run back down to the bard and get the tools to clear the brush, clear it, and return the tools, or use one 1/2lb bottle of Tannerboom tied up in the weeds at about chest height + 1 shot with a 30 cal rifle =$5 well spent, and a very impressive, BIG flat, clear area in front of the backstop. :D

• Like 1

Tannerite clears the target area of vegetation nicely. We had weeds and brush over 6' tall in front of our backstop out at the farm.Our choice was to run back down to the bard and get the tools to clear the brush, clear it, and return the tools, or use one 1/2lb bottle of Tannerboom tied up in the weeds at about chest height + 1 shot with a 30 cal rifle =$5 well spent, and a very impressive, BIG flat, clear area in front of the backstop. biggrin.png

Where I shoot is State owned land, and tannerite would not be welcome no matter how fun! The local's like using the area as a range/drinkin spot, but some don't pack their trash. So it's a somewhat target rich enviroment.

• 2 months later...

Well, many moons after starting this thread, I compiled a video shooting some of this random stuff. With some slow-mo. Turned out pretty good I think! I recorded a bunch more I'll probably put up when I feel like doing more editing (ugh.) Oh, and if you're a salty old bastard with no sense of humor, withold your crotchety bastard-like comments about it ;)

Down here the owner of LOU LAND likes to shoot exploding targets and he shoots off some big ones.

We were out there SAT and he shot at one and the shock wave hit me over at the pistol area. I got to me in a spooky way so we left.

It was was right after a guy was shooting his AR with one of those bump fire stocks. After some lunch I felt better

Well, many moons after starting this thread, I compiled a video shooting some of this random stuff. With some slow-mo. Turned out pretty good I think! I recorded a bunch more I'll probably put up when I feel like doing more editing (ugh.) Oh, and if you're a salty old bastard with no sense of humor, withold your crotchety bastard-like comments about it ;)

Cool video, you should post it in the S12 videos thread. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/72722-saiga-12-videos-thread/

Golf balls or eggs @ 200yds. VERY difficult targets.

My suggestion as well. I may be missing sumpum here but how does a bucket full of water turned upside down hold water?

Here ya go....Subarus, pumpkins and melons!

attachicon.gif09.jpg

Awww come on man! That car is from Syria................or Iraq, or Iran, or Afghanistan or......

Want some really reactionary targets? Grow a large patch of catnip, and then mow it! You'll have every cat in the county there in a few hours!

How dare you! PETA is going to slap your PP and make you stand in the corner.

COOL! EVEN MORE REACTIVE TARGETS!!!!!! big_smile.gif