http://www.thebangswitch.com/new-red-army-standard-ammo/

Century International Arms is importing a new line of ammunition named Red Army Standard. The ammo is being manufactured in Romania and features a lacquered steel case, traditional bi-metal bullet and sealant around both the primer and bullet.

• Like 1

I will jump on it as soon as I can. Finally lacquer coated, sealed ammunition. Nobody buy this ammo, it will freeze up your gun with all the lacquer and cause it to fail constantly ;)

I wonder is it boat tail? The x54r looks like 148g :)

Ok did some looking around, not BT or else it would be listed as such.

Never been completely sure about the advantages of BT at the velocity and range of 7.62x39.

See how it compares to Golden Tiger. At 0.30+/round I wont be getting any till the price falls but I have no pressure to do so.

Edited by Rhodes1968

If I can get 54r non-corrosive for $.40 a round or less, and it's decently consistent ammo, I'm in for a case or two.

No 5.45x39? psssh010.gif

Read closer... That is part of the lineup.

• Like 2

Looks like the same Romanian stuff imported under the Hot Shot name a few years back. About on par with standard Russian steel-case. The green sealant is sort of odd.

edit: eh I guess the article mentioned that as well. Oh well it's late.

Looking forward to see what the 9x18 is priced at. I bought about 500rds of the LVE stuff a year ago and haven't shot much of it.. I would like to stockpile it because I really enjoy blasting my Cz-82s but don't want to eat it all up.

Edited by mancat

If I can get 54r non-corrosive for $.40 a round or less, and it's decently consistent ammo, I'm in for a case or two.

No 5.45x39? psssh010.gif

Read closer... That is part of the lineup.

heh, you're right...I stopped reading when it said the two 7.62's. that's nice. HELL YEA wideners is just up the road from me too!

I don't think its repackaged. I've never seen it before for one thing. Sounds like Romania is cashing in on the ammunition frenzy here in America, god knows they need the money. But the people probably wont benefit at all from the earnings.

But yeah, I will be on that non corrosive x54r quick, PSL isn't my fave to clean.

Edited by jdub23

I really want to see cheap 7.62 x 25 come back.

It probably won't :(

Most of the old surplus that didn't have a steel core has been cleaned out by the US import market now.

Most of what's left probably has steel cores, and is thus unimportable.

I don't think its repackaged. I've never seen it before for one thing. Sounds like Romania is cashing in on the ammunition frenzy here in America, god knows they need the money. But the people probably wont benefit at all from the earnings.

I commented on a video on Youtube once that was a little tour of Cugir. I just said that Cugir looks nice (nice mountain forest town), and I only knew of it because I bought some guns made there. One girl replied back that her mom worked at the Cugir factory and made good money there, for Romania at least.

I do believe that the ammunition manufacturer is part of the Cugir SA conglomerate - they make a ton of shit.

Edited by mancat

I commented on a video on Youtube once that was a little tour of Cugir. I just said that Cugir looks nice (nice mountain forest town), and I only knew of it because I bought some guns made there. One girl replied back that her mom worked at the Cugir factory and made good money there, for Romania at least.

I do believe that the ammunition manufacturer is part of the Cugir SA conglomerate - they make a ton of shit.

I am actually supposed to be in Romania right now. My wife is there to visit, it was bad timing for me... Man, Romania is so damn corrupt I am nearly 100% sure the mafia controls all arms production or they work together with the government. The employees might make ok money but inflation is kicking that countries ass. The people don't benefit from sporting arms sales as part of the GDP "most likely." Something like guns or cars always dirty money. Oh BTW for such a poor country they rate up top in exotic car sales, what does that tell you ;)

I am trying to get her to bring me some of those indigo colored mag pouches and more old medals and if at all possible a helmet. They have big flea markets there. A lot of it is on Ebay but I always look forward to the stuff she brings back.

I really want to see cheap 7.62 x 25 come back.

I would love to walk into Big 10 and see $2.50 for 20 rounds again! Anywhere but Wally World here in South GA x39 is pulling $10 a box still....

This will be the first completely lacquer coated SEALED on both ends ammunition since Brown Bear used to do it 5 years ago... Atleast from what I have seen. Screw Poly coated, most of the time they claim poly coated and it isn't coated with shit. I left a "supposed" poly coated round in my cup holder and just let it get wet and dry etc. It would have turned to damn dust pretty quick. It immediately rusted and I had a lacquer coated .223 round in the same holder that was good to go...

This will be the first completely lacquer coated SEALED on both ends ammunition since Brown Bear used to do it 5 years ago... Atleast from what I have seen. Screw Poly coated, most of the time they claim poly coated and it isn't coated with shit. I left a "supposed" poly coated round in my cup holder and just let it get wet and dry etc. It would have turned to damn dust pretty quick. It immediately rusted and I had a lacquer coated .223 round in the same holder that was good to go...

I have received several lots of Tulammo and Herter's that was supposedly poly coated but so far as I could tell was bare steel. I've posted about that many times - the .223 especially was so bad with surface rust and out of spec cases that it would frequently jam in the Saiga .223 and had to get some cleaning rod action to come out.

Never been completely sure about the advantages of BT at the velocity and range of 7.62x39.

+1. I wouldn't be looking to x39 for long-range.

Not for over 300m for sure and that's pushing for reliable hits, but that's ok.

On a related note lot of folks dont realize that after WWI tactics changed to limit exposure to long range fire, 300m and over.

Not always possible of course but it seems to work out to less than 100m (mountains and deserts excluded) in which case the x39 shines.

Never been completely sure about the advantages of BT at the velocity and range of 7.62x39

At about a hundred yards GT was patterning a few inches higher than Wolf for me in my 22" heavy-receiver saiga. I would say the BT is even MORE important for x39. This fat bullet needs all the help it can get, and with such limited range I want to do everything I can to push it as far as I can.

Never been completely sure about the advantages of BT at the velocity and range of 7.62x39

At about a hundred yards GT was patterning a few inches higher than Wolf for me in my 22" heavy-receiver saiga. I would say the BT is even MORE important for x39. This fat bullet needs all the help it can get, and with such limited range I want to do everything I can to push it as far as I can.

This due to GT having a greater velocity, about 100fps iirc.

I have a couple cases of Wolf MC and they have no sealant. Wolf MC hasn't been lacquered/sealed for a couple of years now.

It hasn't but it used to be standard on everything comblock accept the copper washed ammunition and they were sealed bullet and primer. This is from what I have seen in the last 8 years.

Golden Tiger is sealed on both ends as you say.

I have always like Golden Tiger, never have been the right timing for bulk though.

Pulled some rounds the other day, even cut some bullets in half. It was all Chinese but:

Copper washed: 31/92 lead core FMJ, 31/71 red sealant steel core FMJBT, 31/65 Steel core FMJBT, Brown Coated 71/93 Steel Core FMJBT.

All SCFMJBT was tough! The dremel was doing a little work... Tried taking a sharp blade to the rear of the steel core round and giving it a good whack, the steel is not that soft!

Was bored and pleasantly surprised that everything Chinese I had that wasn't marked lead core, non corrosive was SCFMJBT. As far as ballistics I haven't shot any of the SC yet.

Edited by jdub23

Pulled some rounds the other day, even cut some bullets in half. It was all Chinese but:

Copper washed: 31/92 lead core FMJ, 31/71 red sealant steel core FMJBT, 31/65 Steel core FMJBT, Brown Coated 71/93 Steel Core FMJBT.

All SCFMJBT was tough! The dremel was doing a little work... Tried taking a sharp blade to the rear of the steel core round and giving it a good whack, the steel is not that soft!

Was bored and pleasantly surprised that everything Chinese I had that wasn't marked lead core, non corrosive was SCFMJBT. As far as ballistics I haven't shot any of the SC yet.

It's fine ammo, and it was cheap to manufacture. I've dumped a few boxes of it through a few different rifles. It ran beautifully in a milled Hungarian post-sample :D