Let's say you were the owner or president of a company that facilitated Special Forces training before they deployed abroad and was preparing to open a civilian market. What creative NAME would you give it to market toward the civilian part of the company to draw in customers? What would draw you in as a potential customer? Your company would offer helicopter and vehicle mounted machine gun/mini gun shoots, cave/tunnel fighting skills, defensive tactics, QCB etc etc etc. Use your imagination on what else it would offer. What would you call or name the business?

You had better offer realistic training with the same equipment, vehicles, and aircraft used by these guys. If you cannot provide that, you are not going to have much luck drawing in SOF guys. The only trigger pullers I know of that shoot from rotary wing aircraft are Snipers or the Aircrew. Your training should evolve around current enemy TTPs which would require a DOD security clearance to get the most current Intel from the AOR. Access to Special Operations Aviation assets for Air Insert or Airborne ops would be a plus as would a Drop Zone with a valid DZ Survey. We facilitate this type of training here in which we get SOF guys from all branches conducting pre-deployment training. Part of it includes a large MOUT site they have to clear in order to conduct Call For Fire on a live range utilizing AC-130U gunships from AFSOC. This training gets first dibs on these gunships for training BTW. This is all ran by the Military. I have a buddy doing SOF training in the Private Sector but the Moon and Stars were aligned just right at the time he started plus the fact he was well connected in the SOF community from his Active Duty years. Good luck with your endeavors.

Make it realistic like stated above, but id like to see self reliance , tactics and teamwork under pressure be taught. Small arms weapons training would be great, but I don't really see the need for airborne ops being taught to people who would likely never use it. There isn't many scenarios where I could see that being necessary for average people. You could offer it though.

Make it realistic like stated above, but id like to see self reliance , tactics and teamwork under pressure be taught. Small arms weapons training would be great, but I don't really see the need for airborne ops being taught to people who would likely never use it. There isn't many scenarios where I could see that being necessary for average people. You could offer it though.

I was under the impression they were wanting to cater to the SOF community. My bad.

I was under the impression they were wanting to cater to the SOF community. My bad.

I thought he was wanting to cater to everyone. Lol. Oops.

if we had to go by the truth in advertising this is what all of those so called "training sites" would be called:

FANTASY CAMP for WANNABES

here is a accurate description of them

if you are fat, have low self -esteem, and never seen a day in military service, but always consider yourself as a "operator", because you like dressing up in camouflage and wear tactical gear and you spent a boat load of money putting every MAGPUL crap on your AR15, and watched the HURT LOCKER at least 20 times and feel like you were right there "in the mix". well here is your chance to take that fantasy of yours and play Army, like you did when you were 6 years old. only this time, it's going to cost you 800 dollars that does not include airfare, lodging, meals or the price of ammo, which by the way we do sell at our "base camp" at 4 times the retail price.

all of our instructors are just as clueless as you are, but they all passed a background check and are not felons so they can be around and handle firearms. their main job is not to train you, but to make you run around from one place to another, shooting at silhouette targets, and make you think that you are getting "good training", and to push you into buying our Chinese made crap tactical gear, DVD and pamphlets

at the end of the course you will receive a certificate of completion of training, that we print off our computer using MICROSOFT WORD certificate template.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Generally, if you want to name something, it needs to be something unrelated to anything,

or named after a geographical feature, or some initials that really don't stand for anything.

Don't name a bad machine shop Accurate Tool, or we'll call you Inaccurate Tool, etc etc.

Heh thought this was going to be a thread on hitting the powerball.

Were that the case no one ever sees my fast ass again. Private islands ... mmmmm.

As for naming Voltia has the best idea, dont get cute it will haunt you.

I wouldn't want any part of that shit, it sounds like a foundry of beuro-red-tape, regulation and high insurance premiums. Seriously, just join the military, it's free and you get a certificate of completion provided you are not a fat-body.

Why would a civilian need to know how to call in a munitions, combat jump, etc. Unless they were posers that couldn't pass the ASVAB and PT test. Really, are you going to HALO into your local gun range, play pathfinder and set up an LZ? The other WTF side of the coin is, there are already big corps that do this. No-one is going to attend your course, and if they do they will be alphabet trying to find some BS reason to lock you up because you've not paid to play.