SOLD

:rolleyes: I have two unused (still in the original factory-sealed plastic) Saiga 8-round .308 magazine for sale at $32.00 each or $60 for both...includes shipping via USPS priority mail to US only. Money order, cashier's check, or PayPal.

post-23-1081394365.jpg

Edited by New2Saiga
  • 2 weeks later...

what an opportunist you are! I'm sure the shortage is temporary. I hope they gather lots of dust!

Capitalism means they're only worth what someone will pay for them. Just because you have some for sale and someone else doesn't does not mean they are worth whatever you say they are.

Post again if they sell, and I'll offer my congrats.

what an opportunist you are!  I'm sure the shortage is temporary.  I hope they gather lots of dust!

Hmmm...let's do the math...

I paid $25.00 each for the magazines from EAA Corp (when the did have them in stock) plus $7.50 for the shipping. That means I have $28.75 in each of them ($57.50 in both).

At my cost of $28.75 for one, plus USPS Priority Mail at $3.85, my total out-the-door cost is $32.60. If I sell one at $32.00 (which includes the Priority Mail shipping), my profit is $ -.60 .

At my cost of $57.50 for both, plus USPS Priority Mail at $3.85, my total out-the-door cost is $61.35. If I sell both for $60.00 (which includes the Priority Mail shipping) my profit is $ -1.35 .

I hardly think these transactions would qualify me as the "opportunist" MRW has me labeled.

Capitalism...it's okay for a dealer to advertise something they don't have at an unbelievable price (lower than even the importer)... anything to generate a call from a potential customer. They can always tell their potential customer that they are out of stock. Try that on a forum??? NO THANKS, not me!

If anybody needs a couple .308 mags, let me know. :rolleyes:

I've personally purchased many magazines from CDNN, including 5 of the 308 Saiga mags, and never had a problem with them "scamming" me.

The reason they offer them lower than EAA is because they buy them from EAA IN BULK- by the hundreds or thousands, and then sell them individually to consumers. They are what is called the middle-man.

EAA sells them at such a high price because theydo not import them for the purpose of individual retail sale, but to sell them to distributors, like CDNN. They charge more because it is a hassle for them to take time to recieve, pack, bill, and ship an order for only one or two mags. They don't care if you buy individually from them or not. They make their money off of large sales.

Prices from middle men will probably ALWAYS be lower than the importer, due to the nature of - CAPITALISM! EAA won't sell the mags to me for the price they sell them to CDNN for, because I don't buy thousands of them at a time. CDNN is willing to pay enough up front to buy thousands of mags and then make their money back over a period of time selling them individually at a slight markup. It's called an investment. They use money, called investment capitol, to aquire property, then after a period of time that investment brings them a profit. Guess what? The full name of CDNN is CDNN Investments! They are in the business of making money through the use of investment capitol. They know I will buy from them rather than EAA because they offer it at a significantly lower price. That makes CDNN happy, EAA happy casue they don't have to mess with me, and me happy becasue I pay less.

If CDNN is out of mags right now, don't blame them. EAA is the importer. That's THEIR job. They don't import mags, CDNN doesn't buy them for lots of money at once. CDNN doesn't buy mags, I don't buy them from CDNN for a reasonable markup (and too-high shipping IMHO!). BUT I will buy mags if CDNN offers them, so CDNN says to EAA "we'll buy mags if you import them", so EAA will find a way to import them.

Supply and demand. The market will find a way to supply the demand. I doubt two measly mags at a rediculous price will have much influence on that.

BTW- I don't give a hoot what kind of profit you intend to make on them, even it it's reasonable to you. All I care about is how much it's costing ME compared to getting the mags somewhere else.

If you intended to use the mags as an investment and sell them for profit you should have purchased them at a cheaper price so you could compete in the market.

If you didn't buy the mags to sell for profit but now realize there's a shortage and hope to make a quick buck before the supply is restored-

YOU ARE AN OPPORTUNIST!

Either way you injure yourself. If it is the former, the market laughs at you as being a moron. If it is the latter, the market hates you for taking advantage of them.

Good luck with them mags.

I only commented in case you wanted to compete with CDNN's prices. I wasn't aware of their shortage. You can ask whatever price you want and we can choose to buy or not. That's capitalism. It should be noted that CDNN charges a flat shipping rate of $10. If you buy $500 of stuff that's a bargain. If you buy $70 of stuff that's normal. If you buy one magazine, You save $1 by going with New2Saiga's deal. If you buy two, you save $4 by going with CDNN. If you're willing to pay $4 extra to get them sooner, then go for it. If you buy other stuff in such bulk that shipping from CDNN is widely distributed, and are willing to wait for CDNN to get them back in stock, then do that. Course if you buy in that kind of bulk, the price difference is probably chicken scratch.

Thanks BattleRifleG3... Points well made!!!

I'm not trying to compete with anybody. I'm not a dealer. I was just hoping to get most (not all) of my money back out of these two mags. I didn't mean to get anybody all worked up.

If nobody in the forum needs them, they won't be gathering dust... I'll just take them to the next gun show and barter for something I can use...

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.