Who's got the best "Bang for your Buck" .308 Muzzle Break?

Tromix AR10 Rifle Shark= $85

SMG bolt on= $170

Dinzag Arms= $35

I must say Dinzags sounds the most enticing but he sells two types depending on muzzle threads:

5/8-24 RH barrels - common for .308 Saiga with 0.631" barrel under FSB. Threaded 1" deep internally

17x1 RH barrels - common for .308 Saiga with 0.671" barrel under FSB or cut back barrels. Threaded 1" deep internally.

And If I did opt for Dinzag then Im not sure which of the two muzzle brakes would apply to my beloved Saiga .308.

Any info and insight is appreciated. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

the tromix and dinzag require moving the fsb and barrel threading, so add that into your cost.

I have the 17x1 and tat for the dinzag, if you might want to purchase it but it will require some elbow grease and a stout vise.

it works great, but I haven't used any others.

AR10 you will need threading to 5/8x32 possibly needing also to lathe the barrel.

No fuss no muss, go with the sgm,

Yeah I saw a few "dragunov/psl style" long brakes. They promise medium-high effectiveness and greas looks (if your going for the DMR setup) but they cost a pretty penny and they're hard to find.

I plan to go with dinzags brake after I cut the barrel back 3" and target crown the muzzle. I'm not worrying about the front sight because I'm cutting off that entire section of barrel and adding a gas block front sight.

The best is always Fords and Chevys. I like the JP Enterprises, Bennie Coolie Muzzle Brake. Excellent recoil reduction, professional unit, and aesthetic.

You will have to remove the FSB, machine/cut off the taper of the front of the FSB and square it to match the Brake. Turn down the barrel, move the FSB back and thread the barrel to 5/8X24 TPI to use this brake, but it is well worth it.

I just did one for a customer on his Saiga 308. Cut the barrel back to 20" 11 degree Crown, and the JP Brake.

Shot extremely well. Better than some of the high end .308 gas guns I work with/build.

Here is a pic.

Jack

post-11998-0-81493400-1378524469.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

The best is always Fords and Chevys.  I like the JP Enterprises, Bennie Coolie Muzzle Brake.  Excellent recoil reduction, professional unit, and aesthetic.

You will have to remove the FSB, machine/cut off the taper of the front of the FSB and square it to match the Brake. Turn down the barrel, move the FSB back and thread the barrel to 5/8X24 TPI to use this brake, but it is well worth it.

I just did one for a customer on his Saiga 308.  Cut the barrel back to 20"  11 degree Crown, and the JP Brake. 

Shot extremely well.  Better than some of the high end .308 gas guns I work with/build.

Here is a pic.

Jack

Sweet looking job! What does this set a person back?

• 1 year later...

I bought my S-308 back in 2006 and it came with a threaded barrel w/ flash hider equipped. I bought a muzzle brake for it but it didnt fit the threads. Im no millwright so i know jack about thread sizes/pitches. I do know it is reveresed threads. Im not sure if this thread job was after market or factory. How do i find my thread size numbers?

Dinzag only stocks good quality stuff.

The AK74 works and works well for what $35 or so. Others MAY be better but will cost more so up to you.

Use a micrometer to measure the barrel at the point you wish to install it, if its a cut then it's easy it you have to mover the FSB then move it first then measure.