The truck axle they keep using doesn't help.

If you're talking about the 'Stang I'll beg to differ... The 8.8" is actually a pretty solid piece with a couple of affordable investments made to it. I was on the fence for a long time about 8.8" vs. 9" (both truck axles I suppose) for my car. The money + the extra weight I decided the 8.8" was good enough for me. Lots of guys are running mildly upgraded 8.8"s into the 9s in "light" cars (~3200lbs)... Not sure how well they hold up in the heavy pig S197 platform.

I'll flame GM a bit here and say that ANYTHING is better than the S-10 rear in the previous generation F-body. I have no idea why GM thought a 100hp 4 cylinder axle would be just dandy for a 385hp V8 car.

I was referring to the handling.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The white one looks like an aston martin front end!

I just want to barf... Carroll Shelby is rolling in his fucking grave....

I'll be damned...... Going back to http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/89210-2015-ford-mustang/&do=findComment&comment=915685 . I was talking to an old girlfriend who was posting some s

Posted Images

I'm biased but I prefer the look of the Challenger.20131004_141732_zpse175bd5e.jpg

I also agree, but they look like they need lowered about a foot from stock ride height whenever I see one in person..

It's one of the few cars that I think looks MUCH better in photos.

I loathe the Camaro styling... I hated the S197 Mustang for a long time too and still am not a huge fan.. Ford seem to keep making it worse too (the minor refresh in 2010 to give it an Accord's ass is just plain horrible).

attachicon.gifmustangbutt.jpg

attachicon.gifaccordass.jpg

Agreed. Mine (in pic) is lowered substantially with a Eibach Pro Line set. Now I have to be careful about bottoming out and parking space curbs. Edited by RedChallenger

If you're talking about the 'Stang I'll beg to differ... The 8.8" is actually a pretty solid piece with a couple of affordable investments made to it. I was on the fence for a long time about 8.8" vs. 9" (both truck axles I suppose) for my car. The money + the extra weight I decided the 8.8" was good enough for me. Lots of guys are running mildly upgraded 8.8"s into the 9s in "light" cars (~3200lbs)... Not sure how well they hold up in the heavy pig S197 platform.

I'll flame GM a bit here and say that ANYTHING is better than the S-10 rear in the previous generation F-body. I have no idea why GM thought a 100hp 4 cylinder axle would be just dandy for a 385hp V8 car.

Then you're still a bit off base...

http://fastestlaps.com/cars/ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_659.html

That's with a solid rear axle...

The rear independent Camaro ran slower at Leguna Seca (a very tight track with almost no straight away, which should have minimized the power advantage of the Mustang):

http://fastestlaps.com/cars/chevrolet_camaro_zl-1.html

The real take away from that type of data is that both cars are absolute monsters. We're lucky to live in these times! We'll be even luckier in 10 years when they're affordable! :)

I'm biased but I prefer the look of the Challenger.20131004_141732_zpse175bd5e.jpg

I also agree, but they look like they need lowered about a foot from stock ride height whenever I see one in person..

It's one of the few cars that I think looks MUCH better in photos.

I loathe the Camaro styling... I hated the S197 Mustang for a long time too and still am not a huge fan.. Ford seem to keep making it worse too (the minor refresh in 2010 to give it an Accord's ass is just plain horrible).

attachicon.gifmustangbutt.jpg

attachicon.gifaccordass.jpg

Agreed. Mine (in pic) is lowered substantially with a Eibach Pro Line set. Now I have to be careful about bottoming out and parking space curbs.

HA! Funny enough, I was looking at the wheel arches vs. tires and I thought it looked better than normal! Like I said though, that model always photographs well (to me). That's a beautiful ride you've got.

I know what you mean about bottoming out and such.. My 'Stang is dropped 1" and it makes all the difference in the world in many ways. I drove it to my last employer exactly once after it dragged its mufflers over one of their silly speed bumps.

DOH!!! What guy bought a "Bumblebee"? (and yes, I think it looks sharp in that color, but REALLY?) smile.png

Way cool picture!

Also, props for being the only guy concerned about his interior!

Edited by Maxwelhse

That would be in line with ford's new ONE concept of design. They will all look like aston martin's in the next few years.

Ford owns Aston Martin and Jaguar.  I know an engineer who worked at Ford and he told me that when Ford took over Jaguar, they had to impose quality standards to get Jaguar up to quality expected from Ford.

Speaking of the aforementioned cars, here is a interesting pic taken in my work parking lot.

20130923_160140-2-1_zps9a212970.jpg

The Challenger styling was copied from the Camaro of the 60s.  The Mustang roof came from the stylist who worked at Audi and that's his fingerprint otherwise the roof would have looked more like the 68 Mustang it was styled after.

• Like 1

Then you're still a bit off base...

http://fastestlaps.com/cars/ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_659.html

That's with a solid rear axle...

The rear independent Camaro ran slower at Leguna Seca (a very tight track with almost no straight away, which should have minimized the power advantage of the Mustang):

http://fastestlaps.com/cars/chevrolet_camaro_zl-1.html

The real take away from that type of data is that both cars are absolute monsters. We're lucky to live in these times! We'll be even luckier in 10 years when they're affordable! smile.png

Then let's be adults and not argue on the internet. I wasn't even looking for a car when I saw the Camaro SS and HAD to have one! I'll NEVER own another Fords after multiple horrible experiences. You don't like the new Camaro. BFD. Move on.

Edited by patriot
  • 1 month later...

I don't know... It kinda grew on me after couple of days. It does have side view of older Tiburon plus front of a new Jag and that is not a bad thing to me. not too enthusiastic about the rear look but it is not terrible.

The biggest improvement is definitely interior and addition of I4 turbo engine and maybe suspension but that is yet to be reviewed. I am not a big domestic fan with their usually boring exteriors but I would probably drive it... if it also had a hatch instead of the trunk. Much more useful with a hatch!

Seems like Ford is trying to reach out to new crowds... baby boomers are dying out so they have to adjust, definitely going for more modern look lately which is IMHO much better than anything that came during early 90s and early 2000s..

• 11 months later...

I just want to barf... Carroll Shelby is rolling in his fucking grave.... booo.gif

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/more-hardcore-mustang-shelby-gt350-headed-detroit-160045686.html

I don't think Carol would have anything bad to say about the latest Mustang to wear his name.  In fact I believe he would love it.  It's the first thing Ford has put the Shelby name on that is 100% true to his legacy.

post-4831-0-54877100-1417111228_thumb.jpg

2016 Shelby GT350

5.2 liter, 8,000 rpm, 550 hp

Most power from a naturally aspirated Mustang, ever

Best chassis on a Mustang, ever.

Best brakes on a Mustang, ever.

No there will not be a GT350 convertible, because added weight and lower rigidity.  And yes boys and girls, there will be a GT350R

As far as looks, no reason to think Shelby wouldn't like it.  It looks like a cross between a Mustang and Carol's greatest personal creation, the Daytona Coupe, a car that looks as good today as it did in 1965.  And a car that spanked Ferrari at Le Mans.

post-4831-0-68360700-1417112771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1