Total # of Vepr 12's imported?

I have heard that before but with how many i see everywhere i wonder how accurate those numbers actually are. Either there are far fewer of each rifle caliber or fewer people sell them, because by volume i see far fewer rifles for sale than the shotguns it seems.

The good part is the resale value seems very high in contrast to those that are more vastly available. Run of the mill weapkns seem to loke 25% on resale immediately (like a car) but the VEPR series seem to be holding strong at almost full value.

From what I recall, there were two shipments with the rough wood stocks. I preordered one from Atlantic as soon as it was mentioned on this forum. I forget what other retailers had them at the time but everyone sold out quickly. And then another shipment or more became available a couple months later. Recently the folders were imported, I ordered one from Royal Tiger Importers at the time because they had them in stock & were currently shipping at that time. I believe Centerfire also had the folders at that point & currently has "limited quantity" listed on their website, Both imported by IO Inc. Atlantic still has not received their 12s but are still taking preorders for them. They posted on the arf industry forum "We expect to ship in the first half of July the rifles have left Russian and are on a slow boat to the US due to hit port around the 3 -5th of July and then will need to clear US customs etc and then ship to the importer warehouse." Imported by Wolf Arms. & Buds now have slant cut Vepr 12s.

So my guess would be 2x shipments of crap wood stocked, 2x shipments of folders & 1x shipment of slant cut. Less than>5000

...Atlantic still has not received their 12s but are still taking preorders for them. They posted on the arf industry forum "We expect to ship in the first half of July the rifles have left Russian and are on a slow boat to the US due to hit port around the 3 -5th of July and then will need to clear US customs etc and then ship to the importer warehouse." Imported by Wolf Arms...

In an email correspondence with atlantic, they told me their veprs hit US shores on the 10th, and they anticipate (based on experience) roughly a 12 day period from there before they have them in hand.

Let's hope with multiple importers, etc, the competition will bring more features to the shores.

Agreed. And it would be cool to have Wolf Performance Arms as your importer's mark.

But besides a fully metal top rail, what other possibilities are out there?

Let's hope with multiple importers, etc, the competition will bring more features to the shores.

Agreed. And it would be cool to have Wolf Performance Arms as your importer's mark.

But besides a fully metal top rail, what other possibilities are out there?

The metal mag well is nice, a metal top rail, but I know that is doable state side. I have my eye on a crossbolt safety I have seen on some of the models.

I think some of the videos also showed some interesting mag releases.

...railed handguards/fsb's

maybe adjustable gas systems like PapaZorro has on one of his

Railed Hanguards and FSBs are going to be no go, due to import regulations. You'll have to add them.

Adjustable gas system would be nice, but I thought the veprs that had the plug on the front like saigas ran the same as veprs - non-adjustable - the plug was simply there to assist with cleaning?

Railed Hanguards and FSBs are going to be no go, due to import regulations. You'll have to add them.

Adjustable gas system would be nice, but I thought the veprs that had the plug on the front like saigas ran the same as veprs - non-adjustable - the plug was simply there to assist with cleaning?

Papa Z has the "Improved Molot Gas block with plug" I talked to him about finding one but I cannot remember if it is actually adjustable. It is similar to the one on the ISPC version Vepr12 so if you google that you might find out.

Here is the link to the original thread on Papa Z's custom Vepr 12's:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/77092-vepr-12-vpo-205-01-custom-edition-project-repost/

Edited by Mountain Man