Realizing the potential can-o-worms this may open, having just purchased my first Saiga rifle (IZ 132) I am curious if Saiga is pronounced as "say-guh" or "sigh-guh" ? I have heard both and am curious if there is a consensus.

I pronounce Sigh-uh as Kalashnikov.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Realizing the potential can-o-worms this may open, having just purchased my first Saiga rifle (IZ 132) I am curious if Saiga is pronounced as "say-guh" or "sigh-guh" ? I have heard both and am curious if there is a consensus.

Yeah .....this can gets opened every few years, no big deal, personally I like seeing it batted around. We tend to get kinda lazy with the English language round these parts and I find myself pronouncing it as "say-guh".

However

Welcome to your new addiction and the Forum. beer.gif

I believe it's "sigh-guh"....or Saigon without the n. Either way, they're fun to shoot.

I think Corbin has it correct.

And welcome again beer.gif

Thanks to everyone for the input and for the welcome to the forum. From the posts I've browsed, this place seems to contain a wealth of knowledge with a few good laughs along the way. My rifle should arrive next week and I'm sure I'll encounter a reason or two to seek some input. Thanks again!!