Help request: S.308 trigger not resetting.

About half way through my last range trip with my S.308 the trigger stopped resetting after each shot. The spent case ejects fine (slight ding on the shoulder, gets launched a good distance, mild shaving of the rim by the extractor) the next round loads fine, but the trigger is LOCKED with the chamber loaded.

Manually cycling the bolt resets the trigger, but I have to do it after every round.

Between that range trip and this one I did a full clean and lube on the gun. Exact same issue today at the range. I'm at a loss as to what could be causing it. Thoughts?

Cycling by hand doesn't have the same effect as when the rifle cycles it's self. We either push up or pull down as we cycle, we either go too far or not as far.. all these things can cause slight variations in the mechanics of the rifle.

Is this gun converted? If so which FCG did you use, you'll notice the factory disconnector spring is far stronger and larger than those in the other rifles and in general all AKM's. I'd suggest making sure your components are assembled correctly.

• 3 months later...