When I was still drinking, and I mean drinking hard, I would put a teaspoon of sea salt into a pint glass of water and slam it just before bed. It would force my body to retain water over the night. Not good to use salt when active, that's why they stopped issuing the tabs. For sleeping it works good.

If you are active military, just show up at the medics. They always have someone there that needs to practice in IV. Saline solution will make you good to go in less than 30 minutes. Even if you can hardly stand up.

I took a combat medic class just to get my own supply of ranger candy. :)

I have also found out the hard way to eat and drink water in between drinks and never mix colored booze!

Good luck!

I've always heard that a saline drip combined with oxygen stops one in it's tracks. I've never actually been administered that for a hangover. I read somewhere that there is a company (I'm thinking in Vegas) that will come to your hotel or wherever you're staying and give oxygen and IV for hangovers. I'm sure its pricey.

No cures here, just a bottle of water and two Tylenol or Advil right before passing out does the trick for up to a 18 pack. If I forgot water & pills before bed (which I usually do) it's drink about 4 more beers in the morning then slowly sip a few more until I'm feeling 110% again.

Tylenol is a teeny problem compared to what I used to put in my body 5-6 years ago.

If you're not getting drunk 1+ times a week and popping Tylenol at bed time I highly doubt you'll experience any issues with your liver.

Don't think anyone's mentioned oxygen yet--alcohol causes the blood vessels in the brain to dilate (=headache), and oxygen constricts cerebral vessels. Also to avert stomach upset, not sure if they still make it, but Carafate (generic is sucralfate) came out to help treat stomach ulcers as it adheres to the stomach lining and protects it--also protects against alcoholic gastritis.

Don't think anyone's mentioned oxygen yet.

This works.

In my younger days I used to take a few big lungfulls of oxygen from a cutting torch at work.

Of course the acetylene was off and the torch was not lit.

Worked like a charm.

• Like 1

This works.

In my younger days I used to take a few big lungfulls of oxygen from a cutting torch at work.

Worked like a charm.

Bet your co workers looked oddly at you....unless they were doing the same!

This works.

Worked like a charm.

Just dont smoke at the same time..................horror.gif

aircraft O2 but don't get caught by the crew chief the DCM will chew your ass. F-4, F-16, FB-111 all taste the same.

figuring that's not an option take 2 Bloody Marys and repeat as needed. I take mine with olives while not really better than celery it looks classier.

• Like 1