Latest deals on Saiga 20?

Hello all,

My wife is really starting to enjoy shotgunning. So far, I've purchased a Mossberg 500 and a Benelli Montefeltro for her in 20 gauge, and she's really becoming a good shot. She likes the look of my converted Saiga 12, but she's a little intimidated by 12 gauge, so I was thinking of converting a S20 for her. I've been looking, but the best price I've found so far is $599. Does anyone know of any better deals out there?

Thanks,

Brad

I have a 20ga Saiga...with an Alliance Armament 23rd drum...I've also got metal 10 rd mags for it too.

Also... there are several other 10rd-13rd mags out there on the market for the 20ga Saiga's now......and 410's just don't do it for me.....so don't let the naysayer's discourage you if you're really wanting a 20ga !

It's true that there isn't a "Cheapy" type drum available for the 20ga right now...the alliance armament drums can run over $300 (cheaper used tho)...but they are very high quality (billet aluminum) and you don't have to worry about them cracking or breaking as much as you would with a plastic drum.

They come with a custom canvas cover that can be left on for protection or removed.

Alliance also offers 12ga drums too..and they're not cheap either. You get what you pay for when it comes to their drums...in my opinion....just look at one in person and it's easy to see the quality.

One downside to the billet aluminum drums is that they're a bit heavy when fully loaded, but hey, it's 23rds after all ! haha

Here's my 20ga -fully converted, 922R compliant, polished bolt/feed ramp, barrel shortened and custom installation of a welded brake for a total barrel length of 18-3/8"(that's including the brake !)

It's DuraCoated matte gray and now it has a Hogue pistol grip instead of the SAW grip shown in the pics. It also has quite a few other mods and extra's like the offset light mount and GripPod type forward vertical grip, single point sling...etc.

20130406_141525.jpg

20130322_145514.jpg

20130320_010359.jpg

Edited by BiGDaWgZ
  • Like 1

Dang, that's a sweet 20 gauge. I have no interest at all in a .410. I think I'm going to pass though. My wife didn't even like holding my S12. It's too heavy for her. I'm guessing a 20 isn't a whole lot lighter.

Thanks,

Brad

I've not seen them in any stores and gun broker is overpriced. If you can find one for 600 it's likely the best deal for now unless one is used.

$600 for a converted one would be a very good price, IMHO. I bought all the conversion parts from CSS for my 20 but haven't found time or inclination to do the conversion. The YouTube step by step doesn't look that hard, though. May just sell it all along with (4) 20x70 5-rounders. Brad, if you have any interest shoot me an email (under Interests in my Profile).

Edited by Blackmore