Bud's has converted Vepr 12s for $1199 (cash) shipped

Could be... maybe one of those black wood stocks(kinda looks like it). Hard to tell by that picture what it is exactly...plus pictures could be wrong. Not a bad deal either way, except for dealing with Bud's that don't always have first-rate reputation.

Edited by HappYBallZ

Could be... maybe on of those black wood stocks. Hard to tell by that picture what it is exactly...plus pictures could be wrong. Not a bad deal either way, except for dealing with Bud's that don't always have first-rate reputation.

Yep, that is their factory configuration with the included stock and pistol grip, there isn't a converted version. I got mine like that from Mach 1 for 1199 as well.

How do you buy something on the internet with cash?

USPS money order's are what I use.

Edited by Mountain Man

yeah, you can go with a USPS MO, but if things go south in the deal, you're shit out of luck, the PO will not come to your rescue and get your money back, they'll give you a form to fill out and then they'll file it with the 10s of millions of other forms and it will turn into dust.

the BEST AND SMARTEST way is to use a CREDIT CARD, NOT A DEBIT CARD, but a CREDIT CARD. use the bank's money, if things do go south they will quickly get their money back so you won't be out anything. the best consumer protection out there is a CC.

I use CC exclusively to buy things on the net, know how many times unscrupulous MFs tried to rip me off? 4. know how many did? 0.

and these asswipes who tried, not only didn't get the money, but the CC company deducted a nice high charge back fee, for them being assholes.

and before any of you start, with how "evil" CC are, they are only "evil" if you're stupid enough to carry a high balance forward month after month and adding more to it and paying interest on it. the smart way to do it, is what I do, pay off the balance each month and you don't pay interest on it and if you have a card that has awards on it (like I got smile.png) , well that's just icing on the cake, you will pay less then what your balance would normally be.

I have to say in order to do something like that you have to have financial discipline and don't charge more then you can pay off at the end of the month. in other words, you can't be like a drunk sailor on payday.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

yeah, you can go with a USPS MO, but if things go south in the deal, you're shit out of luck, the PO will not come to your rescue and get your money back, they'll give you a form to fill out and then file it with the 10s of millions of other forms and it will turn into dust.

the BEST AND SMARTEST way is to use a CREDIT CARD, NOT A DEBIT CARD, but a CREDIT CARD. use the bank's money, if things do go south they will quickly get their money back so you won't be out anything. the best consumer protection out there is a CC.

I use CC exclusively to buy things on the net, know how many times unscrupulous MFs tried to rip me off? 4. know how many did? 0.

and these asswipes who tried, not only didn't get the money, but the CC company deducted a nice high charge back fee, for them being assholes.

Okay, so as the title indicated the OP was referring to the $1199 deal for cash. I think we all know that using a credit card or even a debit card is easier and safer because you can do a forced charge back on the card if services or goods are not received, and to that end if you perfer a CC that works great too. However, the OP and myself were not addressing the merits of CC vs Cash we were talking about types of cash payments. Since a lot of the firearm retailers are smaller and offer discounts for cash or cash equivalents to avoid having to cover CC/DC fees or passing them onto their consumers, there is value in using a form cash to save 3%.

I would not be worried about sending a MO, check, or electronic transfer to a reputable company like Buds, Centerfire, Classic or others. Not every business is big enough like amazon to eat that 3% CC charge so cash is a viable option. One call to the BBB and businesses tend to respond quickly. In private transactions, I understand the risk especially with parties unknown.

Thank stinks people have tried to rip you off, that is the worst. I do use CC a lot but have had used MO's more than a few time with success. Thanks for the insight as it is a good point to bring up and remember, I just did not want people to be turned off to cash deals like Bud's and the like for security reasons.

Okay...Im confused. Credit cards, debit cards, checks, and money orders all fall under "cash". What else could I possibly use?

During checkout it specifically says 'Click here to read about the 3% cash discount', then after clicking it displays a popup that says:

"Certain payments including payments by credit card do not receive the 3% cash discount. Our listed prices are only for cash payment types, such as personal checks, checks, e-check/ACH and money orders. If you pay with a non-cash tender type, then your total will reflect the addition 3% full retail price.

You can preview this amount on the next page before submitting your order."
I picked up two of these at 999 at buds (came with only one mag at the time) and also have the lifetime warranty if the firearm ever breaks (I'm not sure how that will ever happen since VEPRs are built for surviving the war).

The lifetime warranty is from Bud's?

No, I think the warranty is from the importer WPA, Wolf.
No, I was speaking of Bud's lifetime warranty that I probably will never use. The importer warranty is another animal.

The lifetime warranty is from Bud's?

Correct, the lifetime warranty is through Buds, but now at a price of 59.95, not recommended since the VEPR 12 is highly unlikely to break down from defect.

Guys, you should attempt the checkout process. Right now, the only cash option available is electronic check, meaning you would supply your bank routing and account number to pay for it (all other cash options are currently disabled). It looks like they want to have all traces of electronic of transactions now, and to eliminate the slower methods of payment at the moment.

Edited by DresNightfire

Just a heads up if anyone was looking for slightly cheaper Vepr 12 and didn't want those folding stocks.

Just search for Vepr and you should find it (sorry, not direct links).

Ello, first of all: New VEPR-12 owner here. I bought one of these for myself. Importer is:

R.Ox.Nj

Licensee Name: Rifles Antiques Relics Express LLC

229 Buckley

Oxford, NJ 07863

After going through all the paperwork, there is a legal paper on the back stating that this shotgun does -not- have a warranty attached to it from the Importer. So if something goes wrong with it looks like I'm up a creek until I can get a 'smith to fix it!