I ordered a condor rapid assault rig, it was cheap and a last min buy. I want to buy a simple stacker eventually but those are about ten times the coat of this rig I bought off amazon. I want to know other peoples thoughts about cheap chest rigs. I'm just looking for something to carry Mags and a few pouches maybe a drop pouch and maybe a map pocket with room for a small pistol. Also if I can find a molle pouch for a small med kit.

Do you guys know anyplace to look at Los of molle gear. I currently just cruise the sportsman guide and amazon.

Cheap molle gear?

Airsoft suppliers are probably your best bet for cheap but semi usable stuff. Its all made in china.

evike

Airsoftatlanta

airsoftmegastore

airsoftgi

I have a Fidragon vest for airsoft that is three years old, still mostly together, despite spending hours being dragged on concrete, the clips and clasps leave something to be desired. And it breaths like a trash bag, so you'll be soaked in short order.

The only positive with airsofters is they actually use the stuff enough to break it, so the reviews will say a lot. Many firearms only sites are selling to people that just leave it hanging up in a closet.

I've tried everything from a Russian Tarzan assault vest to East German surplus web gear to an Arktis Long Range assault vest. In terms of MOLLE specific gear, I've also compared the high dollar stuff to the low dollar stuff, and frankly, aside from the name and the gear snob factor, I haven't been able to discern much of a difference quality wise. Case in point - I just bought two double cell AK mag pouches. each holding 4 mags total, for $7.75 each here: http://www.marsgear.com/MOLLE_Double_AR_AK_Mag_Pouch_p/mg-6.htm

On receiving them the quality is every bit as good as the Blackhawk: S.T.R.I.K.E./MOLLE double AK- mag pouch I've seen that goes for $37.99 each!

Check out the rest of the Marsgear web site. They sell a lot of Condor's gear, which I have had absolutely no issues with at all. If you are not a name brand Nazi you will save some dough going that route and still have high quality gear...and no, I have absolutely no connection with them at all other than trying to save myself some money better spent on ammo...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

I gotta agree with the current posts. I have a Condor plate carrier, some airsoft pouches and E-bay has been kind to me lately.

I started with some cheap crap and moved up, upgraded as I found necessary.

My TRUE rig is a Russian GRAD-2 chest rig with added US and airsoft pouches mixed in.

If it works for you, makes you happy.... can't bitch.

I want to know other peoples thoughts about cheap chest rigs. I'm just looking for something to carry Mags and a few pouches maybe a drop pouch and maybe a map pocket with room for a small pistol. Also if I can find a molle pouch for a small med kit.

Do you guys know anyplace to look at Los of molle gear.

raise your right hand and join the military, they will issue you all that, you won't have to buy it. oh, they'll also issue you a M16 as well

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

If you use the stuff for real, you will find out what brands, (big brands), will wear out quicker. I won't rely on cheap shit for serious usage or reliability. I have had the great opportunity to try out quality gear on the Military's dime and figure out what is good to go. If it is for the casual range day, knock yourself out, you'll look cool at least. Otherwise, you gotta pay to play but you will have gear that will last.

• Like 1

I will be checking them out. I really just want a way to carry some spare ammo. Im not going to war but I'd the shit did happen to strike the rotating assembly then it would be nice to have a chest rig. I may get a cheap backpack to attache to the chest rig.

I bought two LBV-2s from Amazon for $10.00 each and a $10.00 web-belt to hang pouches, etc. More of a SHTF thing for me. I'd get laughed off the range if I wore it.

I also found a molle 2 frame and shoulder straps at a thrift store that I put my Alice Pack on.

Edited by Sim_Player

If you use the stuff for real, you will find out what brands, (big brands), will wear out quicker. I won't rely on cheap shit for serious usage or reliability. I have had the great opportunity to try out quality gear on the Military's dime and figure out what is good to go. If it is for the casual range day, knock yourself out, you'll look cool at least. Otherwise, you gotta pay to play but you will have gear that will last.

I don't think any of us who are not in the military are in any real danger of wearing out a chest rig.

If you want American made I recommend 7.62 Tactical. He makes all his stuff made to order, in a variety of camo schemes and colors, and the mag pouches have adjustable flaps that will even handle S-12 ten round mags. I've owned the Kalashnikov gunfighter chest rig and have his triple AK mag pouch also, and the gear is as tough as nails. Prices are middle of the road...

<Link Removed By Nailbomb>

Edited by Nailbomb

I want to know other peoples thoughts about cheap chest rigs. I'm just looking for something to carry Mags and a few pouches maybe a drop pouch and maybe a map pocket with room for a small pistol. Also if I can find a molle pouch for a small med kit.

Do you guys know anyplace to look at Los of molle gear.

raise your right hand and join the military, they will issue you all that, you won't have to buy it. oh, they'll also issue you a M16 as well

He said cheap. 4years+ stoploss working for a guy who thinks you are the bad guy sounds like a high price to me.

• Like 2

Yes cheap I like. I just now got the condor chest rig. It's smaller than I thought it would be. It seems very well made. I cruised around condors web site they make a hydration carrier back for the chest rig.

Yea no way I'm joining the military. This 35 dollar rig seems like it will work great. It even has an inside pocket with hook and loop inside. I'm going to get a pen holder abd put hook velcro on it to make that pocket into an admin pocjet with maps pens a compass some quick clot and small first aid kit with tourniquet ect.

I've thought about using a pack as the harness back it seems like a better idea to use the pack over the chest rig so if you have to ditch your pack you still have your ammo. I really like the condor mcr6 that I ordered. Next im going to get another fully modular chest rig to outfit for my saiga 308. And maybe a third for my 223 AR. I think the next ones I buy will be condor as well but I want a rig with a bib next time. I'm very happy with the condor mcr6 well worth the 35 bucks it cost me.

He said cheap. 4years+ stoploss working for a guy who thinks you are the bad guy sounds like a high price to me.

try to keep up, stop loss isn't in effect and hasn't been since 09. as for the "guy" who you think they are working for, get a grip, he is just a temporary employee, the people that the Military works for is the American people.

here, this will put it all in perspective for you, because it's obvious you are clueless;

It's the Soldier, not the reporter or the wannabe who has given us the Freedom of the Press.

It's the Soldier, not the poet, the Internet provider or the wannabe who has given us the Freedom of Speech.

It's the Soldier, not the preacher or the wannabe, who has given us the Freedom of Religion

It's the Soldier, not the campus organizer or the wannabe, who has given us the Freedom to Demonstrate

It's the Soldier, not the lawyer or the wannabe who has given us the Right to a Fair Trial

It's the Soldier, not the politician or the wannabe that ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness

Yea no way I'm joining the military. This 35 dollar rig seems like it will work great.

you just want to be a wannabe, well you'll be in "fine company" there haha.gif

internet.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
GUYS,

TRY KEEPSHOOTING.COM.

THOUGH THEY'RE OUT OF THESE RIGHT NOW, YOU CAN SIGN UP TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN MORE COME IN.

THEY ALSO HAVE MILITARY TAC AND LOAD BEARING VESTS/HARNESSES OF ALL TYPES; GENUINE MILITARY, NOT SOME AIRSOFT QUALITY STUFF, FROM SEVERAL DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

I HAVE ONE OF THESE, WITH 6 DOUBLE MAG POUCHES, CTG BELT, SUSPENDERS, CANTEEN/WATER BOTTLE POUCH, FOLDING E-TOOL POUCH, AND HAVERSACK.

ALL THIS STUFF IS NEW OR VIRTUALLY SO.

THEY ALSO HAVE BOTH GORE-TEX AND NON-GORETEX FLECTARN TOPS, PANTS, AND PARKAS.

SOME THEY'RE OUT OF (SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATION, AGAIN), SOME IS IN STOCK.

WITH WINTER/HUNTING SEASON APPROACHING, I'M BETTING THEY WILL BE RE-STOCKED BEFORE LONG.

I'VE FOUND THE HOT SET-UP FOR WARM AND DRY, IS TO FIND THE NON-GORE-TEX PARKA WITH THE LINER, THEN GET THE GORE-TEX PARKA, AND PUT THE LINER IN IT.

THE DOUBLE MAG POUCHES WILL HOLD G-3/FAL/M-14/ OR 20RND HUNGARIAN AK MAGS.

SPORTSMANS GUIDE ALSO CARRIES THIS FLECTARN STUFF, USUALLY, BUT THEY ARE MORE EXPENSIVE, AS A RULE (THEY'RE MOSTLY OUT RIGHT NOW, WILL ALSO PROBABLY RE-STOCK FOR WINTER).

JESS1344

post-45478-0-40574600-1374407147_thumb.jpg

Edited by JESS1344

try to keep up, stop loss isn't in effect and hasn't been since 09. as for the "guy" who you think they are working for, get a grip, he is just a temporary employee, the people that the Military works for is the American people.

here, this will put it all in perspective for you, because it's obvious you are clueless;

It's the Soldier, not the reporter or the wannabe who has given us the Freedom of the Press.

It's the Soldier, not the poet, the Internet provider or the wannabe who has given us the Freedom of Speech.

It's the Soldier, not the preacher or the wannabe, who has given us the Freedom of Religion

It's the Soldier, not the campus organizer or the wannabe, who has given us the Freedom to Demonstrate

It's the Soldier, not the lawyer or the wannabe who has given us the Right to a Fair Trial

It's the Soldier, not the politician or the wannabe that ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness

Yea no way I'm joining the military. This 35 dollar rig seems like it will work great.

you just want to be a wannabe, well you'll be in "fine company" there haha.gif

internet.jpg

Will it make me awesome like you if I sign up? I just don't think I could live up to that standard, or be half so humble.