Csspecs steel S-12 mag production prototype pictures

I just did a round of test firing with them. We probably have a little clean up work to do but results are promising. We did have to adjust the sample mags to compensate for the changes after finishing.

Three mags have a intermittent low feed on the top round of a full mag when hand cycling or chambering.

I'll be sending them out over the weekend once I get back, I've been in Northern Michigan (I'm not on vacation) and doing anything on the internet is a HUGE pain.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this is the first production prototype. First to be built on full tooling.   These still need to be sent to testers once we get done with the testing on our end. But odds are its going to look li

Here is them with a finish.. I'll try to upload a video but my internet has been glitchy the last few days.    

Cameron I'd hang on to your dies and planning, nothing says that these actually work. Plus I'm kinda a small production shop, so there may be room for two. However you make great milled parts which is

Posted Images

Verry good news, I will be on board for a few of these!

Cameron- Keep working on yours, as there is enough market for 2 manufacturers, having 2 different GOOD steel mags will probably drive demand far beyond supply!

There is a synergy created when there are more than one choice. I know that I will buy both when available, as will many others.

Thanks for giving us a glimpse at what looks to be a great addition to the S-12 platform.

I put in a vote for witness holes.

Nope- Easy to drill if you want 'em hard to fill if you don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Other bonus discovered: These are smaller in width and depth. not a lot, but enough that I think a lot of 308 mag pouches will work that don't work for other S12 mags. For instance, a duty belt I bought for my wannabe 3 gun rig came with a radio carrier that makes a decent mag holder for Salt's AR10 P mags. It also fits this CSSPecs mag for a perfect friction retention.

• Like 1

I really hope these preform as well as they look! I can't wait until these are available for open purschase.(but adjusting to retirement income I guess I will wait!) I hope the other metal mags make it also, I want to buy from both for the efforts they have put in!

Sweet. Will be picking it up in 12 hours. Will at least run a box through and report back at dark.

sad.png you got it before me sad.png

Unless thats the package I missed Friday. Was the name Fueller?

Name is Foeller actually but that is the one.

I had some issues today. First off, my S12 runs great... no issues after testing multiple ways/ammo (cheap Wally World stuff with MD20 dump from waist, etc)

Mostly I was finding the round (most notably the last round) was not feeding up to the top of the mag

msg-40940-0-61475000-1377642453.jpg

and so-

msg-40940-0-24136300-1377642498.jpg

and I suspect here too?

msg-40940-0-42599200-1377642590.jpg

The first 2 mags I ran, all Winchester AA Sport, ran great - no problems. Then the next few mags ran good except for the last round. Then a couple had issues with the last 2-4 rounds. I took the mag apart, and got quite a bit of debris out of it. I didn't have my tool box with me so no cleaning rag. I banged out what I could, but it stuck in pretty good. (I've yet to clean any of my S12 mags).

I used the leftover rounds from the boxes and filled a Izzy 5 round mag and they all ran flawless. I plan on returning to the range with a clean mag, and see what happens, plus taking a rag or two with me, as well as more ammo and my GoPro.

• Like 1

The last round is due to the spring back disappearing in the feedlip assembly, they all did it, hence the grinding. If you want to take more out you can.. The binding will always be tightest on the last round and most open on a full mag.

I'm thinking a redesign of the feed lip assembly to use the sides of the rim is likely the best idea. Using the top edge is likely to problematic due to changes in heat treat.

I'm having no problems you sure you guys are holding your mouth right? naaaa.gif

Good running s12 i feel is necessary too

I don't believe you. Ever get that rear lug fixed or you still afraid of files? 021.gif

BTW my S-12 is without a doubt the smoothest and best running S-12 with factory ports in existence. cool.png

• Like 2

I'm afraid I don't have the right file lol but my neighbor does. If not the aren't expensive right?

Id just hate to ruin it. Who knows maybe the mags have a little variance. But I have multiple eye witness of this mag just working for me. I'll try to mod it this evening.

Id put mine up, it runs everything like a Russian typewriter :did

The variation may be in the feed lips.. In production the parts are laser cut, for tests we cut them manually and then file to correct sizes. I recall a couple ended up short and since the correction involves shortening the feed lips I'm guessing that is the one you have.

I know I have modified AGP mags to work in my Vepr 12, so it shouldn't take a lot to make these work as well. As I said before if you want to send me one for that purpose I will be happy to see if I can.

Just finished modding mine a few minutes ago and was about to post a pic. Going down in a few to try it out again through a handful of guns. Will report back later. Feeling more confident this will fix the low feed prob for mine too.

ok, I'll see if I dremel it without screwing it up too bad wink.png

You may want to wait until csspecs asks you to do a specific mod to the mag.

The testing will lose all meaning if everybody starts modding the mags.

Just saying.....