Csspecs steel S-12 mag production prototype pictures

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this is the first production prototype. First to be built on full tooling.   These still need to be sent to testers once we get done with the testing on our end. But odds are its going to look li

Here is them with a finish.. I'll try to upload a video but my internet has been glitchy the last few days.    

Cameron I'd hang on to your dies and planning, nothing says that these actually work. Plus I'm kinda a small production shop, so there may be room for two. However you make great milled parts which is

Posted Images

Sorry I haven't gotten those promised pics up. I got hit with a lot of work and all that. They are coming, but it will probably be after the weekend

One interesting thing I have found is that unlike all other brands I have tried, the handloaded slugs I have in Federal Gold Medal Hulls are hand cycling flawlessly for all 8 rounds. They aim a little higher all the way through. They come in a tad longer than the average 2 3/4" shell and the last couple shells are almost touching the barrel hood. even if they touch though, they stick forward enough not to have problems. I attribute this possibly to the brass springing back less than brass plated steel for maybe a smaller OD where they contact the feed lips. I haven't measured to be certain though. They are also straight wall with no visible taper (AA hulls have an external taper with most wads as well as internal. I think the STS hulls have a similar profile.)

Tell you what.... GunFun sure want joking about the mag fitting pouches much better!

Also after about 200 rounds I would like a little something on the middle front for a quick easy grip but I'm not putting any grip tape. And the spine does finally get to me... Maybe some epoxy on the sides to blend it, or grind it off and smooth it out if it won't hurt the integrity.

I got the lug locking now hope to sling some lead again today. It's storming like a motherfucker here today, so few of my friends are inclined but idgaf I'll go alone if I have to

• Like 1

Made the mod to the feed lips, but it does not help my situation. Look at the first pic I posted, the round stops advancing up before it even gets to the lips. Something is causing it to bind... I sanded the back area with no luck, and I can make it happen almost every time by pushing on the round as it advances up. I have a couple of the Izzy 8round mags, so I took one apart and used the spring in the metal mag and it helped quite a bit, but when I put the Izzy follower in it seems to work flawless. I looked in the mag and I do not see anything obvious that might be the problem, so I'm going to hit the range again today if I can, tomorrow without a doubt and put some more rounds thru it to verify all this.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...