I pulled the fire control group from the FIME SGL 12-09 to replace the Selector lever with the Krebs Enhanced Safety Selector. Since the trigger is out should I put in the G2 trigger? I have no experience with the G2 vs the Russian SGL 12-09 trigger. Any sugestions would be appreciated. I dont need the trigger group to be 922r compliant.

thanks

DVepr Out

I would do it, personally. I like my refined G2 a lot.

Be sure and make sure the hammer swings all the way to the back of the bolt when it is closed. An unmodified G2 hammer has a bump of extra metal near the axis pin hole. This should be smoothed away to allow full rotation without getting hung up. Just take the bump off with a dremel. There are plenty of pics around the forum. I believe member GunFun has a DIY fire control group picture set. Let us know if you have further questions.

I would do it, personally. I like my refined G2 a lot.

Be sure and make sure the hammer swings all the way to the back of the bolt when it is closed. An unmodified G2 hammer has a bump of extra metal near the axis pin hole. This should be smoothed away to allow full rotation without getting hung up. Just take the bump off with a dremel. There are plenty of pics around the forum. I believe member GunFun has a DIY fire control group picture set. Let us know if you have further questions.

What he said. :)

I replaced the trigger and hammer. The SGL 12-09 has an interesting retaining pin setup. I had to remove the hammer first, then the trigger and the selector lever last.

The Tromix trigger and hammer dropped right in without issue. The Krebs safety lever needed a little filing but works great.

What a difference the Tromix G2 trigger makes....

I replaced the trigger and hammer. The SGL 12-09 has an interesting retaining pin setup. I had to remove the hammer first, then the trigger and the selector lever last.

The Tromix trigger and hammer dropped right in without issue. The Krebs safety lever needed a little filing but works great.

Thanks for sharing the info, I have the SGL 12-07 so I assume I will need to go through the same setup, you went through.

Thanks for sharing the info, I have the SGL 12-07 so I assume I will need to go through the same setup, you went through.

I would actually suggest using an unmodified DOUBLE HOOK Tapco G2. It allows for simple and reliable trigger over travel limiting. It is not at all hard to mod it yourself. Look at Gunfun's pics. 032.gif

Yep. Its reverse from every video I have found. The trick is to remove the pin holding the hammer. I used needle nosed pliers to lift the retaining wire off the pin. Also for reassembly putting the selector lever in first helps hold the BHO lever in place while your installing the pin for the hammer and BHO.

Good luck. First time took an hour to put it together the 2nd time took 5 minutes. The dental floss trick to maneuver the BHO spring helps.

DVepr Out

I would actually suggest using an unmodified DOUBLE HOOK Tapco G2. It allows for simple and reliable trigger over travel limiting. It is not at all hard to mod it yourself. Look at Gunfun's pics. 032.gif

I used the Tromix G2 trigger and it dropped in perfectly.

Using a customized G2 double hook is on a whole other plane though. Plus in order to make them drop in to every S12 they make them sloppy in some. i.e. excess side to side play. Aprox .125" is removed from the right side of the hammer axis. Some people can even fit in a g2 with BHO without removing material there. This gives you some notion of the variances involved, and one of the reasons I prefer to custom fit. A guy who has that loose receiver who gets a one size fits all trigger has his BHO floating around with an extra eighth of an inch of movement. Any wonder some guys have BHO issues?

Using a customized G2 double hook is on a whole other plane though. Plus in order to make them drop in to every S12 they make them sloppy in some. i.e. excess side to side play. Aprox .125" is removed from the right side of the hammer axis. Some people can even fit in a g2 with BHO without removing material there. This gives you some notion of the variances involved, and one of the reasons I prefer to custom fit. A guy who has that loose receiver who gets a one size fits all trigger has his BHO floating around with an extra eighth of an inch of movement. Any wonder some guys have BHO issues?

Great point.

With the SGL 12-09 the hammer fit in perfectly with out modification and no slop. If it did not have the BHO i do believe it would have had some slop.

Dvepr Out