been finding some good ones this year!

Every year from Spring-Fall I hunt for Lake Superior Agates, mostly at work (I'm a cement truck driver so I'm around rock all day) but also on the weekends whenever I'm out and about.

Anyone else collect or have any "Lakers"? If you're not a collector but have one or a few I'll buy or trade gun stuff for em!

Here are a few of the better Lakers I've found this year so far. post-46357-0-02059500-1374288928_thumb.jpg

Edited by dubya

I collect, but do not have any of those. Got some really nice stones from Lake Huron last year. I probably have about 60,000 lbs of rock collected over the years boat racing all over this and other countries. Never come across something so intriguing as those you have. What would it take to add just one to my collection?

After further research, I think I may have one of a different color. Will update tomorrow.

Used to have a rock shop in my basement . Not only did we fine them we cut polished and set them. That was in Minnesota lots of stone there here in Fl for get it.

Edited by jerry52

Thanks guys, its fun to go search for them and anyone can be good at it. It's a lot of fun for the kids too plus you cam make money for free if you find nice ones like above, $20-$100 up to the thousands for one rock! Thats a free gun lol.

Very nice Dubya! My daughters both have the bug with rocks right now, as well as seashells. We have a pile of each in buckets. After seeing those ones, I am motivated to take them out to search some more. Thanks for sharing!

Don't know if this is one, but it's really close

post-45976-0-42519700-1374375918_thumb.jpg

These are a few of my sea life fossils I thought you might enjoy. 1st is a crawfish or tiny lobster

post-45976-0-38905800-1374376021_thumb.jpg

2nd is some sort of shellfish

post-45976-0-81422500-1374376058_thumb.jpg

3rd is, well, I'll give you 3 guesses, but you will only need 1

post-45976-0-23775100-1374376135_thumb.jpg

Found a 7" translucent rock with gold flakes in it on the Superior shoreline when I was a kid. Got $100 for it at a local gem show. Met the guy again, and he showed me what it looked like all polished up. It was quartz crystal with a gold vein in it. He had it up for sale for $1500. Dogh!