Glocks ALWAYS go bang, are cheap, light and are reliable but.... let's face it, they're like the Ford Focus or Chevy Cobalt of the pistol world. Simple. Reliable, cost effective but every 21 year old has one and while they're good at everything, they're not great at anything IMO. I've owned 11 different Blocks (29,26, 19, 20, FDE 21, 32, FDE 17, three 36's and a 22), I used to love them but after 6 years of buying, shooting and carrying pistols I've come to love the 1911 and pretty much ANY modern FN pistol.

Sorry if my post makes no sense, I didn't watch the video, just seen"Block" was mentioned and had to post :D !

I'm curious what Springfield was thinking on the XDS Grips. This thing will leave marks on your hand the texture is so aggressive.

IMP-XDS_1_a.jpg

With the XDs, actually it is a little rough after a couple hundred rounds. I picked up a Hogue Hand-All Jr. and $6.99 later problem solved. I know I am a wuss. As to the original post, funny video, but I love my G19 as well.

post-37530-0-36192500-1374540821_thumb.jpg

I'm an XDian as well. I get the feeling that, once you get to a certain price point with modern pistols, there cease to be many differences between them in terms of their important attributes. At that point, it's mostly a matter of what fits the user's body and existing accoutrement.

I do like Glock Facts.

Hands down best 10mm platform out there. But yes the fan base is crazy sometimes.

Not crazy, it's a cult of not really stable people. lol

Which is unusual since cult members in general are usually so well-adjusted.

I tried glocks. I even tried to like glocks. I just could not get around how bad they felt in my hands. So instead I went on a search for a polymer handgun that felt right. Ruger SR9 series did it for me. They feel like a part your hand and feature every safety innovation that glocks have as well as a few that they don't.

Like the SR9 and SR9c, have both, son and daughter-n-law use SR9c's as CCW. Daughter-n-law uses mine. Good weapon. If you feel comfortable, you will carry and shoot more. Slimmer design reduces imprint. Just picked up the SR45. Will look forward to SR45c, it'll be coming out soon.

I've always said there are 3 things wrong with a Glock:

1 the factory trigger

2 the factory sights

3 the factory trigger

I've had a 17, 17L, 19, 22, 23, and a 24. The 24 is the only one I'm keeping and plan to be buried with it just in case.

Edited by the 4th Doctor

Like any pistol I've used, they take repetition to get a good feel for. I prefer them to just about anything else on the market. The parts are easily replaced in the field, but I don't like the factory sights.

I like HK,but don't care for the steep price when my G21 shot just as good as the HK45 this past June.

and for the xd, I could care less about grip safeties. Just an opinion from someone who doesn't care. Lol

its just preference in the end.

Like any pistol I've used, they take repetition to get a good feel for. I prefer them to just about anything else on the market. The parts are easily replaced in the field, but I don't like the factory sights.

I like HK,but don't care for the steep price when my G21 shot just as good as the HK45 this past June.

and for the xd, I could care less about grip safeties. Just an opinion from someone who doesn't care. Lol

The lack of safety's seem to be one of the biggest bitches people have about Glocks. That is the selling point for me. For my CC gun I don't need no stinkin safety or even a hammer to fuck with.

I actually find this mentality rather amusing. I'm guessing that in most shooting situations that you have a few seconds to decide whether or not you're going to take a life and people feel sooooo much safer putting as many obsticles as they can between themselves and getting the job done instead of just learning to keep your finger off the fucking trigger.

• Like 2

The lack of safety's seem to be one of the biggest bitches people have about Glocks. That is the selling point for me. For my CC gun I don't need no stinkin safety or even a hammer to fuck with.

I actually find this mentality rather amusing. I'm guessing that in most shooting situations that you have a few seconds to decide whether or not you're going to take a life and people feel sooooo much safer putting as many obsticles as they can between themselves and getting the job done instead of just learning to keep your finger off the fucking trigger.

I agree John.

I agree John.

+2....I don't turn them things on, I in fact make certain they're off.

I have a full size XDM 40 and I have a 27 . Had to do a trigger job on the 27 and it runs like hot butter.

Trust me, when you have to present your gun in a sticky moment you will not be thinking about any of this stuff.

I respect all views here and hope you never have to use you gun to protect you self.

I like them both but I like my Wives M&P 40 C better . But it's Her's

You know Ive seen video of cops shooting themselves in the foot with Glocks...

I will keep the XD, just grab it point it and squeeze, without the foot shooting.

Can you tell me how anything on the XD will keep you from shooting yourself in the foot? Please don't say the grip safety as I will have to strongly disagree with you.

• Like 1

I will keep the XD, just grab it point it and squeeze, without the foot shooting.

Can you tell me how anything on the XD will keep you from shooting yourself in the foot? Please don't say the grip safety as I will have to strongly disagree with you.

So disagree, not hurting my feelings the_iron_man.gif

Please tell me how the grip safety gonna change anything? I'm not being a dick. I really would like to know if there's something I'm missing.

Not intent in naming you as such just that I dont mind disagreement.

A reach and grab is less likely to cause a discharge, at least logically.

Thats the way I see it and opinions vary.

I do agree with you on this, but I will say that anyone placing their trigger finger on the trigger prior to having the weapon on target to fire is just asking for trouble IMO.

The price difference from HK to Glock is not much. Maybe 15%?