replacing the forearm

I was never happy with the Tapco Intrafuse that I installed on my Saiga 20" barrel when I converted it ... specially and because it is a 20 inch barrel , the size of the short handguard was not quite right ... it was not a balanced look between that long barrel and the short handguard . Anyway , I decided to replace the damn thing with the CSS Tactical Billet Quad rail .

I wasn`t sure on chosing the bottom part only (Tri-rail ) or the complete 2 piece (Quad rail) so I thought about it and finally I went for the Quad rail ... a little bit more money, but it completes the look and it gives the gun a more finished appearance.

I chose this rail because it has a clamp on the inside at front of the rail that holds the handguard with hex screws and doesn`t relay on the gas tube long pin that other rails use .

Any opinions on this ? Anybody have this rail installed and want to post any inputs about it ? I would welcome info or experience with the rail , etc , Thanks .

I think it will get delivered next week . I will post pics when I mount it .

Edited by josey88

Well, the rail is here . It is beautiful and perfectly finished . I read some comments from the beginnings of 2011 and they complained that the rails were marred , with defects , etc and I was kind of worried . I guess those were the first ones , because this rail is perfect . It also fits perfect , so I am very happy. CSS as always , selling the perfect product at a nice price and shipping very fast : I received the rail in 2 days ... Wow . This rail , being a full length , balance the longer 20" barrel much better ... I had ordered some plastic ladder rail covers anticipating that I would need them and I was right .

Some pics :

004_zps5bda1d39.jpg

005_zpsfecfe9bb.jpg

010_zpsf5d9767b.jpg

003_zps7dba8dd9.jpg[/011_zps8a74b718.jpgURL]

012_zpsfcd48e4b.jpg

Edited by josey88