Need a S308 FSB

I started to do the muzzle threading tutorial, removed the FSB, moved it back, and drilled it. Then the place I was going to get it sold out of all the stuff I needed. And my FSB is garbage now (had to cut the bottom).

Would it be possible/good idea to have the barrel turned down so I can use an AK47 FSB and threat it 14x1 so I also have a fairly large assortment off brakes?

I am not sure, when I had my ak74 fsb on my 7.62x39, I didnt need to open up the muzzle break but i did, the muzzle pressure is higher on the 7.62 and it will be even higher on the s308 so it might rip the muzzle break apart. At least the 2 piece ones, If you get the us made single piece you should be fine, you can always check to see if you need to open it up when you get it. check in the pictures thread, there are a few pics of one already done.

i meant the muzzle device is 2 piece from the bulgarian kits i think, the U.S. made muzzles devices are one piece. as far as the FSB/GB combo, My thoughts are that you cannot open up the bore enough to slip it over the barrel all the way to the gas port, you will have to turn the barrel down up to that point and a super thin barrel on the s308 in my eyes will be bad for accuracy. But to use the ak74 FSB you only have to turn down the tip of the barrel and thats ok.