If its for a pistol get the standard MicroVault will hold 2 sub compact or one standard pistol . Had trouble with my first one called factory they sent a new one and paid for the defective one back. fastest CS I ever had.

Bought one for my brother also take it with when we travel

Edited by jerry52

I have the lower one, wife loves it . It was a Gift from my father ,he made it himself real handy. Easy to make if you have the time.

He did and its one of the best gifts I ever got from him.

I always wanted to get a stack of these;

304-3_926_alt.jpg

This one is a PackRat by WeatherGuard, other companies make them also. Their made for the bed of a pick-up truck.

Sir that is not a bad Idea! I think I am going to run with it.

I have spent along time customizing and finding my "Main" arsenal. I just want a good horizontal safe that can hold up 8 guns. Long guns, handguns ammo etc.

I was thinking of getting a standard size vertical safe big enough to throw my riot gear in but, the horizontal look intrigues me. Need it to be combination safe

Huh, never had even crossed my mind, going horizontal! I like it!! And the 8 long gun size..about perfect for the main battle rifle/shotty group.

Gonna have to look into this some more!

I work QC in an engineering firm full of fabricators and welders, need to give them boys something of a project and see what they can come up with! :)

Huh, never had even crossed my mind, going horizontal! I like it!! And the 8 long gun size..about perfect for the main battle rifle/shotty group.

I work QC in an engineering firm full of fabricators and welders, need to give them boys something of a project and see what they can come up with! smile.png

I know right? I was about to buy a regular safe but saw a horizontal type safe and im hooked. Id love that that doubled as a box spring to put my mattress oer but A regular 8 gun storage is fine for me..

Just need to store plenty of ammo. 4 long guns and a few handguns and mags for all and im golden.

How about a JobBox?

What is a joebox patriot?

We need some links for everything anyone finds :)

FYI, any safe with a horizontal door is gonna be easier to pry open than an upright one, if that's a concern. Most safecrackers prefer to knock a safe onto its back then lever it open with a long pry bar. That's why its always preferable to have your safe firmly bolted to the floor and, if possible, have the side of the safe that opens (usually the right side) against a wall. Although it makes getting in and out of the safe a little more cumbersome, it also makes it impossible to get a long pry bar in the door. YMMV.

I work QC in an engineering firm full of fabricators and welders, need to give them boys something of a project and see what they can come up with! smile.png

I know right? I was about to buy a regular safe but saw a horizontal type safe and im hooked. Id love that that doubled as a box spring to put my mattress oer but A regular 8 gun storage is fine for me..

Just need to store plenty of ammo. 4 long guns and a few handguns and mags for all and im golden.

How about a JobBox?

What is a joebox patriot?

We need some links for everything anyone finds smile.png

http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=knaack+boxes&qpvt=knaack+boxes&FORM=HURE