Parabellum Armaments Left handed charging handle.

I didn't know parabellum made a left sided charging handle. I tried finding some info on it and came up with nothing. the only left siders I can think of is the DIY cut the dust cover and weld your own, the Dublin ratcheting system, and the Lynch system

Ok, so as not to post a link to a non contributor the system is called the RCS, or Ratchet Charging system. It replaces the gas piston and gas tube and allows for a drop in no machining new charging system. Dublin AK Systems LLC has it on theyre sight and its pretty sweet. Along with the Mars system for quick magazine release.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe (don't quote me on this) the design consists of a handle welded / pinned to the portion of gas piston located in the gas tube. Then a slot is machined out for the handle. The slot is closely machined to the handle as to not let out much gas. As we all know not much gas is needed to cycle.

I have the Dublin ratcheting system, its a drop in piece. super easy to install. no permanent mods required. and the left side charging handle is non-receipercating ( doesn't move back and forth when the rifle is fired). I got on the waiting list a few years back before they were on the market. think I paid 120. Its really well made. worth every penny.

• Like 1

I believe (don't quote me on this) the design consists of a handle welded / pinned to the portion of gas piston located in the gas tube. Then a slot is machined out for the handle. The slot is closely machined to the handle as to not let out much gas. As we all know not much gas is needed to cycle.

The gas tube does not contribute to ANY pressure. ALL of the required pressure is in the first half inch of the gas block. An AK will run without ANY gas tube what so ever, so long as the piston finds it way back into the gas block. This is why gas tubes are fluted. The flutes are to help expel the worthless (post gas block) gases out.

Edited by Brian M1

Just cruisin' by this morning and found this thread. Checked out the Dublin system and thought their Gen II Ambi Charging System was BRILLIANT! ...something old Mikhail Timofeyevich should have thought of.

I don't shoot my Saiga often enough to justify the cost but, given a choice at the time of purchase, this is easily the better option!

BRILLIANT... just BRILLIANT! 032.gif 032.gif 032.gif

Edited by DrDyno

It is a very good improvement. But I really like the Hk G36 charging system. If someone could figure out how to do that on an AK I could die happy haha. But the G36 is just a copy of the Ar180. So even if the Ar180 had one and a chromed lined barrel I could die happy.