vepr12 problem?

The bolt carrier rails (in the receiver AND on the actual carrier) with emory cloth, 1000 grit sandpaper, and a little bit of oil...buffed with a knockoff dremel, took all of a half hour.

Next step for me is sending it off for the robar np3 coating! If u guys havent checked them out you should, ive heard nothing but good things

One thing no one has mentioned, as this is your first AK variant. You need to pull it into your shoulder when shooting the low power stuff. If you don't give a it good back stop, you can cause the FTE's.

It is a gas operated firearm. The gas should be enough to do all the work however the gun is held. If it needs to be shouldered well to run, give it some work and make it 100% reliable. This gun when properly tuned is capable of being fired one handed and loosely. Then you know it will never let you down in a bad situation, and you won't be clearing jams when your newbie friends give it a try. As a bonus, the work to make it reliable also is the same work required to make it quit being picky about ammo.

And just so you don't get caught by surprise, 1290 FPS is not the same weak light load that most people have trouble with. It is a notch or two up from the picky stuff. (obviously weight matters: even with only 1 oz of shot it is 3 1/4 dram, and with a standard load of 1 1/8 oz it is almost 3.5 dram eq) So while it isn't the most brutal stuff out there, it has significantly more energy to cycle your gun than the same load running at only 1200 FPS.

No I don't have one, but I have run them. The point stands the same.

They work about the same as they saiga gas system and tuned properly have the same operational range... Many people can run 3 dram eq through their V12 but 3 1/4 dr eq seems to be more common.

People make the same excuse for S12, and the fix is the same. Why be content with less than absolutely reliable when 40 minutes or so can get you something that doesn't depend on you to work properly. I have a friend who tends to push the gun forward off of his shoulder when he gets excited about the clay and it works anyway.

Of course I make a point of shouldering a firearm well, but it is very reassuring to know that I don't have to.

A gun that misfeeds on the range can do so in an emergency. Wouldn't you rather have a gun that works right even when you don't?

A gun that misfeeds on the range can do so in an emergency. Wouldn't you rather have a gun that works right even when you don't?

If I need it, I wont be running shit ammo, thats for sure.

+1 but a lot of that Tactical LE is even weaker. Again, why would anyone not want their gun to run everything flawlessly? Is there an upside to having a picky gun?

If I need it, I wont be running shit ammo, thats for sure.

+1 but a lot of that Tactical LE is even weaker. Again, why would anyone not want their gun to run everything flawlessly? Is there an upside to having a picky gun?

Some LE ammo can be kinda shitty IMO. I'll be running full power magnum loads if I ever need the weapon for anything, and mine has never been picky with full power loads. But running anything you feed it is always a plus.

• 2 weeks later...