leave as is or switch to wood?

so i got another saiga x39 in trade. im no stranger to adding wood furniture to a saiga. im a fan of wood (lol) but this one is set up pretty nice. (not a fan of the quad rail) what do uou guys think?

leave it or change it?

p.s. scope was not included.

post-21427-0-78871600-1374774358_thumb.jpg

That optic is WAY too high for that stock. If you could get a low mount Aimpoint or a low mount RMR you may be able to do that, but not as it stands.

I vote for wood to save that travesty.

KBK

as stated. the optic was not included.

Wood.

1002397d.jpg

1002398w.jpg

Your avatar gives me wood. lol.

Very cool.....got a good place to purchase that mag?

funny enough i recieved one of thos mags with the rifle.

anyone wanna buy a quad rail?

I'll give you a quarter. haha.gif

My Saiga sports the Arsenal polymer, and the next one will be a more traditional wood. I held an M10 with teh M+M rail, and it was "chunky" even with the rail covers. My hands are more suited for the Bulgy bulge.

Get rid of that quad rail!!! wood is a very nice choice too. I prefer this combo.

can we get a weight on this build?

I like everything but that quad rail but thats only a question of preference.

Nice rifle from the pic.

That optic is WAY too high for that stock. If you could get a low mount Aimpoint or a low mount RMR you may be able to do that, but not as it stands.

KBK

Oh I thought you meant you added it after the rifle was given to you. I didn't realise the topic was about that rifle, without the scope.

KBK

Oh I thought you meant you added it after the rifle was given to you. I didn't realise the topic was about that rifle, without the scope.
that's cool I'm just Busting your balls.

As you can tell I prefer wood :)attachicon.gifgallery_44524_1271_864060.jpeg

which is why you should get a wood stock for that svd (like mine) im going to try and get the wood to match as close as possible to the tiger.

I'd have a job as mines actually the SVDS paratroop version with the sidefolding stock, the receiver is different from the fixed stock version.I've still got the black plastic handguards and pistolgrip but prefer the wood versions.

Get rid of that quad rail!!! wood is a very nice choice too. I prefer this combo.

can we get a weight on this build?

The Handguard weighs 10oz. Fairly light for being very well built. I'll see if i can get a full weight of my rifle sometime this week.