I found some PMAG 40's finally, I've been looking everywhere for a couple and only found them on GB for way too much. Anyone shot them yet? I assume they're just as good as their other mags.

I haven't measured exactly how much longer than PMAG 30's are but they're not overly large in the gun, you definitely wouldn't want to shoot from a bench with them, but I don't even shoot 30's from a bench.

They feel less clumsy than my 40rd Bulgarian mags for my S762.

Few pics for you AR fellas.... (my Colt LE6920 with PMAG 40)

post-46357-0-25175400-1374798452_thumb.jpgpost-46357-0-08866600-1374798469_thumb.jpg

PMAG's are everywhere again back at the usual mid teen prices...if you can't find them you're not looking very hard. Last weeks gun show was flooded with them. If you were johnny come lately before the last panic, now is the time to stock up.

PMAG's are everywhere again back at the usual mid teen prices...if you can't find them you're not looking very hard. Last weeks gun show was flooded with them. If you were johnny come lately before the last panic, now is the time to stock up.

You can find the new 40 round PMAGS everywhere huh? Would you mind sharing some links?

So you gonna sell them for $1000 each in the classifieds?

No I buy things to use, not sell. You must have been one of those guys that spent $50+/mag three months ago based on your attitude.

My bad, I was referring to 30's-I thought you had picked up the 40's due to lack of options. To tell you the trueth I've never looked for 40 rounders and the only .223 I own with a 40rd mag are HK which I find a bit long in that gun. It could be the pic, but the 40 doesn't look quite as long in a AR-what Gen mag is it?

My bad, I was referring to 30's-I thought you had picked up the 40's due to lack of options. To tell you the trueth I've never looked for 40 rounders and the only .223 I own with a 40rd mag are HK which I find a bit long in that gun. It could be the pic, but the 40 doesn't look quite as long in a AR-what Gen mag is it?

They're Gen 3

Congrats!

The way the 40 looks in the AR reminds me of how a 15rnd mag looks in my Saiga 410. Just a tad long enough to know it's not the average high cap mag, but not grossly out of proportion.

That's what I think about the SGM S12 12 mags. I am sure there was a time when people complained about how absurd 30 round mags looked on M16s and AK47s. "Normal and proportional' are a matter of what you are used to, and little more. 40 round mags and coffin mags will look normal once they get a reputation for working, and are cheaply available. At this point though I would sure rather have 6 40 round P mags than a Surefire 60 or 100 coffin mag..

• Like 1

surefire makes some nice coffin mags that went sky freaking high during the last freak out. they are now $$$ back to the level and work like a freaking charm. the best thing is that they fit in the old web belt ammo pouches nicely and don't donkey dick your weapon.

Edited by Stryker0946

I don't own any but every review I read said that they didn't like steel cased ammo. Not a big problem if you know about it. I reload, so brass would be my choice anyway.