Dry Firing the MKA 1919, is it OK?

Due to time constraints and the hot and humid Texas Gulf Coast weather, I've been getting a little more dry fire practice than usual. Dry firing may not be as good as live fire, but you can't beat the air conditioning.

I've dry fired my 2011 and AR a lot with no problems and now I've added the MKA 1919 to the practice session.

Should it matter, it has the Firebird fire control parts as well as the FP titanium firing pin installed.

So, am I doing some damage to the gun or is it good to go?

Thanks.

Bill

• 3 months later...

Yes I know most clubs in UK say "drop mag, rack bolt, look in mag well and chamber,  slide forward, pull trigger, rack&lock open, insert safety flag" But...is it safe to pull trigger or will it damage anything ?

Surely we should be doing "Drop mag, rack&lock bolt, look in mag well and chamber, INSERT SAFETY FLAG " cause if you can insert flag there is obviously not a round in the chamber.

Edited by bofor

Actually Anubis advised that with the titanium firing pin, some dry firing would not hurt anything, but a lot may cause damage.

For my typical dryfire sessions, dropping the hammer 50 to 100 times a night several times each week might be contrued as "a lot".

Though I still practice acquiring targets with the red dot, most of my shotgun practice is now on magazine changes.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter