Problem: Trying to improve cheek weld on Polish Underfolder with red d

Howdy yall

Problem: Trying to improve cheek weld on Polish Underfolder with red dot. Samson riser doesnt fit... What next?

Background: My beautiful Polish AK, utilizing a NoDak receiver and a Primary Arms red dot is amazing! I just would like a better cheek weld for it. I purchased the Samson riser, incredibly excited to use it, and it didn't fit. This weapon is easily my favorite rifle.

Solution 1: Identify and purchase a second underfolder stock that will be more compatible with this riser. Determine if new underfolder will fit.

Solution 2: Price out a direct replacement for my current stock so that if it were to be damaged beyond use during modification it can be replaced.

Solution 3: Return it for a refund, suck it up, and deal.

Close: Looking for input from those who have experience, thank you for your time.

Edited by TheJoe90

ETHAN,

THAT'S AN INTERESTING LOOKING PIECE, WHO MAKES IT?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO STICK AN ACE SIDE-FOLDING HINGE IN THERE SOMEWHERE?

OR..............DO THEY OFFER IT WITHOUT THE TUBE, BUT DRILLED FOR THE ACE HINGE, SO THAT YOU CAN THEN ATTACH AN ACE SKELETON STOCK?

THANKS,

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344

ETHAN,

THAT'S AN INTERESTING LOOKING PIECE, WHO MAKES IT?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO STICK AN ACE SIDE-FOLDING HINGE IN THERE SOMEWHERE?

OR..............DO THEY OFFER IT WITHOUT THE TUBE, BUT DRILLED FOR THE ACE HINGE, SO THAT YOU CAN THEN ATTACH AN ACE SKELETON STOCK?

THANKS,

JESS1344

Caa makes this one. I don't think you can add a hing

GUYS,

I'VE BEEN EMAILING WITH ROGER AT CAA THIS MORNING, AND INQUIRED IF THEY OFFERED THEIR AKUFSA (SEEN ABOVE), WITHOUT THE TUBE, JUST DRILLED AND TAPPED ON THE BACKSIDE FOR AN ACE, OR OTHER HINGE, SO THAT ONE CAN THEN PUT AN M4 OR SKELETON STOCK ON IT, AND HAVE IT FOLD, LEFT OR RIGHT, DEPENDANT ON THE ORIENTATION OF THE HINGE.

HE REPLIED THAT THEY DO NOT MAKE IT WITHOUT THE TUBE.

I THEN TOLD HIM THAT I WAS A MEMBER OF THE SAIGA-12 FORUM, AND FELT THAT IF THEY COULD MAKE IT WITHOUT THE TUBE, JUST DRILLED AND TAPPED, THAT THEY COULD SELL QUITE A FEW.

HE THEN SAID THAT HE WAS FORWARDING THIS TO THE MANUFACTURER.

SOOOOOO............., HOW ABOUT IT, YOU UNDERFOLDER GUYS, THAT DON'T LIKE THE WIGGLEDY-JIGGLEDY, WHACK-IN-THE-CHEEKBONE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE UNDERFOLDER, BUT LOVE THE COMPACTNESS OF IT, AND WOULD LIKE SOMETHING BETTER, STOCK-WISE, WHY DON'T YOU DROP OL' ROGER AN EMAIL, HMMMMMMMMMMM??

roger@commandarms.com

JUS' SAYIN'

JESS1344

P.S. ROGER JUST GOT BACK TO ME AND SAID THAT I SHOULD ALSO CONTACT THE MFG. WITH THIS SUGGESTION, AND THAT HE HAD ALSO PASSED-ON MY SUGGESTION.

SO........... : caatactical.com

LET IT RAIN!

Edited by JESS1344

Thats a unique idea, but not the direction I will go with this weapon, I love the underfolding but I was looking to improve upon it. I cant believe I had not heard of it though, I can imagine there is a huge number of people who would LOVE that, I just am not one of them. Not for this weapon.

Thank you for sharing. =)