Got this today and put it together in an hour. The instructions are great (think erector set) and well-illustrated. Cost $248 with shipping from High Tower Armory.

Started with a standard Ruger 10/22 at 38”. Loaded weight with 50 round drum 6lbs 10oz. Unloaded weight 5lbs 4 oz.

The HTA stock and 10/22 assembly, new length 28”.

Left hand side holds the trigger operating rod, forward safety. Be careful when pulling the two halves apart. The ammo box release tends to come flying out.

The 10/22 in place with charging handle and receiver guard in place.

Fit together and tighten the screws to get this. The shroud over the barrel is plastic and can be removed.

Now let’s talk mags. A 50 round drum will no longer fit. So you’re stuck with stick mags.

A 25 round Butler Creek had to be slightly modified to fit. Took the thumb knob off the side.

Getting to the mag release is not too bad.

Old stock and new toy

Final length 28”, loaded weight with 25 round stick mag 7 lbs 1oz. unloaded 6lbs 10 oz.

Did a test fire and runs like a champ. The trigger is a little mushy but not too bad. Over all it is fun to shoot and looks good. Best part is if I wanted go back to stock, it is easy. Nothing was done to the 10/22 or the P90 bullpup kit to get it to fit. Now I need to get a little red dot for it.

• Like 1

Ok got the red dot today ( A cheap one one from Amazon UTAC Tactical 4 Reticle Red-Green). Sighted at 70 yards (Max distance on the home range). Did really well had two FTE's out of 75 rounds. The last head shots went straight through 25 with no issues. The LOP is just a tad short for me, the ergonomics of the bullpup make up for that.

Very happy with this.

The only part that is going to suck is cleaning. Will have to pull it out of the bullpup, Just 14 additional screws........

• Like 1

Ok got the red dot today ( A cheap one one from Amazon UTAC Tactical 4 Reticle Red-Green). Sighted at 70 yards (Max distance on the home range). Did really well had two FTE's out of 75 rounds. The last head shots went straight through 25 with no issues. The LOP is just a tad short for me, the ergonomics of the bullpup make up for that.

Very happy with this.

The only part that is going to suck is cleaning. Will have to pull it out of the bullpup, Just 14 additional screws........

Nice. Was that standing, prone, or benched? What ammo? Perhaps that was the reason for the FTEs, especially is it was bulk cheap stuff. I here you about the cleaning,14 screws is what I have to do on the Mossberg Tactical .22. Fortunately, it just keeps shooting without cleaning. It's overdue, lol.

• Like 1

When I built my wife's 10/22 with the underfolding stock I soon realized the Ruger built a great rifle and I also saw the large supply of accessories that were available for this platform.

One day I discovered that you could put a 10/22 into a P90 like stock. I love bull pups and especially that rifle so I started to research the subject.

In less then 2 weeks I covered all of the options:

1. Red Jacket Fire Arms ZK-22 Stock
  2. Well P90 Airsoft Modified for 10/22
  3. HTA 90-22 Stock

It didn’t take long for me to pass on the RJF ZK-22 for several reasons:

• It doesn’t look or work exactly like a P90
  • It is more expensive - $299 Direct from RJF with a very long waiting period or $400 - $450 on Ebay
  • Assembly looks complicated (based on their video)
  • Rifle access for cleaning looks complicated (based on their video)
  • They have issues shipping them ( a friend at work (Dice) paid for his November of 2012)
  • From what I have read the customer service isn’t up to par for this item

Being a tinkerer I was pretty convinced that I would go the “modified Well P90 route” and even bought an inop P90 airsoft, but I was going to do it right by bedding the entire action and incorporating some machined parts.

THEN

I found the High Tower Armory 90-22 Stock and that was the end of the debate for me

It’s price tag is high at $229, but I think all of the innovations and features make it worth every penny.

I bought one and here are my impressions of the stock:

• It looks, feels and works like a P90
  • It is very solid and well designed
  • Assembly is simple, took me about 10 minutes.
  • Rifle access for cleaning is simple.
  • The carry handle/optics rail is only attached to the left side so you do not disturb your optics when you clean your rifle.
  • The action is secured with the action screw and it has aluminum bedding rails
  • The optics rail is aluminum
  • The P90 Charging Handle works like a P90 and it is made from steel.
  • It has many neat features like an operating factory safety and the fake P90 Mag doubles as ammo storage.
  • It shoots straight, trigger pull is awesome and I have not any function issues.
I am fairly certain that I made the right choice but when Dice gets his ZK –22 Stock we are going to do a comparison.

By the way Here are some vids by TheRookVoice, he is an independent reviewer so I don’t think there shouldn’t be a problem posting his links:

INTRODUCTION:

OVERVIEW:

ASSEMBLY:

RANGE:

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 2
I had to re-work this build a little bit because I wasn’t comfortable with the OAL being so close to 26”

I decided to back the flash hider off 3/16” which gave me an OAL of 26.25”

This created a gap between the crush washer and the shoulder of the barrel, so I installed a .700” barrel shroud made from 1/2” electrical conduit. I used JB weld to secure the shroud to the factory barrel and it is rock solid plus the larger non-tapered diameter of the shroud really improved the look of the front end.

I had to use a little JB weld on the threads because the flash hider was a little loose even with the pin installed.

I like the way this looks and can not wait to shoot it.

90-22006_zps59c2d314.jpg

• Like 1