When sales compared the SAM7R61 to a Ferrari of AK's, I should've realized that locating part upgrades wasn't as easy as a run to AutoZone or PEP Boys... I'm sure this has been a common experience with milled receivers still having upper and lower tangs still in tact. Has anyone known a buffer tube available for a AR type stock where both tangs can be retained... I don't want to cannibalize this beautiful but frustrating rock solid tank of a weapon. As the photos show, what I thought I could adapt to attach the new Mako GL Shock stock I picked up, after a closer look, I've realized it would be smarter to inquire if anyone had any success without adapting(chopping off , bending, or removal of the lower tang) the SAM in anyway. The tube is a 6 position polymer tube, it looks as if it could be milled without much problem, but the angle and length of the bottom tang is greater than would be covered by the polymer. I realize many milled receivers had the lower tang removed for adaptation for the thumbhole stock back in darker times of gun control, but from my understanding, this devalued these effected weapons. This tube was hard to find because of back orders & out of stock excuses... so when I received it finally, I was ecstatic for all of five minutes until I saw its shortcomings. Other tubes I've seen, both alum and poly look as they commonly designed around single tang applications. Any suggestions and/or experience would go along way in keeping me from popping another Valium, and get SAM to fit me better. Is leaving the lower tang there as a sling attachment option (as seen below) really viable?

post-47153-0-52873500-1375151112_thumb.jpg

post-47153-0-45081800-1375151117_thumb.jpg

post-47153-0-44784500-1375151121_thumb.jpg

post-47153-0-91889400-1375151127_thumb.jpg

post-47153-0-81426300-1375151700_thumb.jpg

Edited by redrocker35

I havent seen any for 2 tangs. The only ones I was aware of were for single tang, and/or removing the lower tang.

Whats your opinion on leaving it for a sling attachment option?

Well, its really up to you. In the fully closed position I dont see it hanging up on anything. But once its opened up some, it may or may not get hung up on shit. The only really way to test it is to try it out and see how you like it.

Ok, went a head and mounted the buffer tube without removing the lower tang. A little dremel work on the tube produced surprisingly good results. Ill include a couple pics for anyone looking to adapt their milled receiver to mount a M4 style stock on a poly buffer tube in the future without hacking/cutting/removing the lower tang. As you can see, the only concern is when/and/if I need to place the stock in it's fully closed position, watching that you don't get your hand caught against the lower tang, being that it sticks out a bit.

post-47153-0-76932200-1375226506_thumb.jpg

post-47153-0-54653800-1375226510_thumb.jpg

post-47153-0-61383800-1375226946_thumb.jpg

Edited by redrocker35